waterfowl stamp

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

waterfowl stamp

Postby hubcap » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:39 pm

I went to basspro, they were all out of stamps and said I needed two stamps, then to sportsmans, all out of stamps, then to Dicks and they only had one stamp...and didn't know whether or not I needed one stamp or two. Then off to wally world, and that guys swears that I only need one stamp. I don't want to get out in the boonies and have leo bust me because I don't have the right paper work. I've looked and cant find the info on the azgfd website. Help.
hubcap
hunter

Re: waterfowl stamp

Postby bass3859 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm

You need a state waterfowl stamp, which you can get just about anywhere hunting licenses or sold. Not sure if the online option is the current state stamp or the one that is valid from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. If you already bought the 2012 stamp, it is valid to hunt the remainder of this waterfowl season. It actually expires on June 30, 2013. It costs $8.75. You also need a federal duck stamp. Only place I can consistently find those is at the post office. Game and Fish says you can also buy them at their offices. Same deal here. If you already bought the 2012 federal stamp, which is $15, it is also valid to hunt the remainder of this waterfowl season. It also expired on June 30, 2013.

The 2012-2013 state waterfowl regs are at http://www.azgfd.gov/regs/waterfowlregs.pdf. Check pages 8-9, below the season dates. What stamp or stamps were you told you needed or didn't need?
bass3859
hunter

Re: waterfowl stamp

Postby hubcap » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks I appreciate it. I thought I needed two stamps but the guys at wally world and dicks both said all I needed was the state stamp. Off to the post office I go.

Thanks again
hubcap
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting