Pintail???

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Pintail???

Postby AZ. Duckman » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:29 pm

One thing I really enjoy about duck hunting is the variety. Some you see more than others , and some you hardly ever see. I have been hunting ducks for a couple years now and have never had a Pintail come into my setup. They are the neatest looking duck out there and a pair would go great on my wall. I'll be out there in Jan to continue my search. Maybe they are more prevelant in other parts of the state???
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Postby had » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:04 pm

we shot one this season down south of the state. first one i have seen in az.

had
had
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:05 pm

any of you boys want to come up and whack a beutiful pinny drake for your wall, just let me know. the dang things are so thick around here that one often wonders why we can only shoot one per day. shot a beautiful drake last week with close to 6 inch double sprigs. they decoy easily in large numbers....only thing tough about it is choosing which one you want.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby had » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:46 pm

:eek: wow. sounds like a nice problem to have!

had
had
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:46 pm

ha ha...yeah, except we only get to shoot one per day. so when you already have your one it's real tough to sit and watch them all fly around.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby AZ. Duckman » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:41 pm

Man, too many pintails, that is awesome. Do you guys up there get alot of mallards and teal? If so how many of those can you shoot? We can take 7 mallards per day with no more than two being female or mexican type ducks. As for teal we can shoot 7 per day regaurdless of type ( cinnamon, bluewing, greenwing).
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:13 am

we get a good number of mallards and teal. widgeon too. in our area we see mostly GW teal, not too many of the others. a few BW early on and some cinnamon teal in other parts of the state.

this season saw a ton of teal and pintails...the mallards were here, but not in large numbers. the widgeon never came in like they normally do. we usually have 2 or 3 weeks when widgeon are buzzing around every little pothole like flies over...well, you get the idea.

as for numbers. we can shoot 7 ducks. of that 7 we can have no more than 2 hen mallards. 1 pintail. 1 canvasback or 4 scaup (bluebills).
Swamp Puppy
hunter

so many pintails! i've never seen such a thing

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:22 pm

down at topock marsh i shot one beautiful drake pintail and the only hard part was watching the rest fly by must have seen about 50 pintail the whole day my dad also got a pintail hen and i brought down two drake mallards and one gadwall
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting