All Right internet scouters

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

All Right internet scouters

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:21 pm

I've seen plenty of viewing of posts on here, but not much posting so I am inviting you all to make some noise.

I'm having a little PM conversation on another forum about this. And thought I would invite all of you to join our club here. I know you don't all have enough time to post through out the day and what time you have is precious to you and your families. I know how tough it is to get out to hunt let alone spend time yapping on here. I'm stuck in an office job now until January so I have time. I'm either lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it. I'm more than willing to help a guy out. But most of my helping is through building relationships. There are a lot of guys in Arizona who know more about ducks in this state than me. But I'm as appreciative of the help I have gotten or more than anyone. So anyone looking for advice pop on the boards make yourself known.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby ur2ez » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:43 am

Hey I won't lie I'm trying to learn more about waterfowl in AZ and I appreciate what I've been able to learn on this and other forums so far. I grew up in Idaho and used to go duck and goose hunting with my dad (we never really got much, no boat, no dog, etc.).

Used to do lots of various hunting once we moved here, but I've taken the last several years off with just a couple javelina and deer hunts here and there. This year I decided enough's enough and it's time to start taking this hunting thing more serious. Unfortunately, still no boat and no dog so I'm kind of lost as to what to do.

Does anyone know if any of the lakes up north rent boats out? Talked to my dad a week or so ago and we both have Thursday through Sunday off work come Thanksgiving. Decided we'd like to try some sort of "hunting weekend", maybe do a couple days of duck hunting up north and then maybe a day of quail hunting on our way back down. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

-Aaron
ur2ez
Newb

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:19 am

:welcome: And thanks for posting. Arizona is a tough place to hunt and takes a lot of miles on the truck to scout. I sent a pm to you to give you an idea. Keep in touch and I will help where I can.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby ur2ez » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 am

PM replied, thanks for the warm welcome!

-Aaron
ur2ez
Newb

Postby mr.smith » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:10 am

The hunting up north that weekend should be great. I have a friend that lives up in flag and he reports that there are lots of ducks around. The Andersdon Mesa wetlands should be a safe bet.
That's Quacktastic!
mr.smith
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks Mr. Smith, unfortunately I have to work the weekend and head out of town monday. I have wanted to get one last hunt in before heading home for Thanksgiving. But it won't happen. Maybe I will try to hit a couple places on the way home up north.
LIGHT12
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting