Looking for a duck hunt

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Looking for a duck hunt

Postby chakuperu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi I have a truck its full of gas...any one wana go duck hunt before the season closes?? I'd like to go to Cibola

thanks,
chakuperu
Newb

Re: Looking for a duck hunt

Postby danny6172 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:13 pm

Cibola sucks this year. Geese wont decoy and 80% of the ducks on the island unit are coots and shovelers.
There are no ducks in AZ
danny6172
hunter

Postby garthfishandhunt » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Monday afternoon hunt, like day after tomorrow. Roosevelt Lake. With the full moon, I don't expect a great hunt, but If you want to come up, PM me.
garthfishandhunt
hunter

Postby Havoc1229 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:45 pm

I'll be at roosevelt this coming weekend. Hopefully the ducks will stick around til then
Havoc1229
hunter

Postby HAC » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:18 pm

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine he hunted cibola for ducks this weekend he said two day of hunting two ducks in the cooler he said it was very slow and the weather was not that good for hunting I really don't hunt cibola for ducks I normally go to showlow with there being no weather I hunted cibola for ducks and geese this season taking 14 Canadians, 2 snows, 35 ducks. I only shot mallards, wigeon, gadwell, couple pintails hens and a ruddy duck I haven't seen a shovler yet in cibola I kinda want one to do mount with. The ducks I did shoot were mostly mallards and wigeon. I was going to go to cibola this weekend to hunt geese but my buddy asked me to go next weekend instead. Lets see what happens
Wait Wait Take'em
HAC
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting