End of season

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

End of season

Postby Cstaff37 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Anyone have any food luck yet this weekend?
Cstaff37
hunter

Re: End of season

Postby blindbound86 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:04 pm

Not yet, scouted my ass off today after work. Im gonna hit it hard tomorrow. I already told the warden I aint coming home until I have a limit. Things look good out there, some new birds around.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby redheaded » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Lots of late flyers where I went today... did bump into some quail though and thinking about hitting those tomorrow.
redheaded
hunter

Postby Havoc1229 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:55 am

Just left roosevelt. Handful of mallards gadwall and shovelers. Couldn't get much to decoy this weekend there... Hmm... But saw hundreds just swimming 100yrds from the blind
Havoc1229
hunter

Postby desertdweller » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Despite the dry, warm, calm weather we've had for the last couple months we have done very well. Best year ever in terms of # of birds per guy. If I can figure out how I will post some pics.

@ Havoc 1229- Why do you think that is? Weather? To much pressure? Educated birds?
desertdweller
hunter

Postby Cstaff37 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm

I ended with six mergansers and one GWT. There was a lot of birds but defiantly call and decoy shy. The mergansers were dumb enough to fly low and over the decoys so I took what I could get. I hunted the lower salt thus year only. The birds fly high on sunny days and there is so much hunting pressure. Time to start scouting new areas for next season.
Cstaff37
hunter

Postby blindbound86 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:27 pm

desertdweller wrote:Despite the dry, warm, calm weather we've had for the last couple months we have done very well. Best year ever in terms of # of birds per guy. If I can figure out how I will post some pics.

@ Havoc 1229- Why do you think that is? Weather? To much pressure? Educated birds?

I know that was a question for havoc but I think every bird we see here is educated. That's our biggest challenge. Being the last stop of the season every bird we get has been hunted all the way down the pacific flyway. they have seen every decoy spread, every blind, and heard every call and shotgun blast from Alaska all the way on down.
assateague wrote:Know what tolerance is good for? Making more sissies. It's like sissy fertilizer.
blindbound86
hunter

Postby Havoc1229 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

blindbound86 wrote:
desertdweller wrote:Despite the dry, warm, calm weather we've had for the last couple months we have done very well. Best year ever in terms of # of birds per guy. If I can figure out how I will post some pics.

I know that was a question for havoc but I think every bird we see here is educated. That's our biggest challenge. Being the last stop of the season every bird we get has been hunted all the way down the pacific flyway. they have seen every decoy spread, every blind, and heard every call and shotgun blast from Alaska all the way on down.

That's seems very true. They were educated it seemed like. Just crazy how many there were up there. Prolly seen a total of 2000 birds just on the eastern side of the lake.. But I think the little pressure they had for the weekend played an affect to. There were only one pair of hunters that I seen or heard. Other than that the bird did not fly at all. Only when spooked up from the guys trolling threw the sticks. But I think next time for the last weekend hunts at roosy I'll just leave the decoys at home. They didn't care a bit for a lil over 100 decs and a couple mojos
Havoc1229
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 am

HEY HAVOC I WAS ACROSS THE CHANNEL FROM YOU WALKING WHAT WAS A BANK TILL LEVELS HAD GONE UP DID GOOD PASS STANDING STILL IN THE STICKS...
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby Havoc1229 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:47 am

Were you out there sat or sun? I saw someone walking both days. Any luck were you were?
Havoc1229
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 am

I WAS OUT THERE SUNDAY GAVE UP ON THE DECOYS EARLY AND STARTED WALKING THAT BANK, WAS ABLE TO LIMIT BUT ONLY AFTER BEING OUT THERE ALL DAY, TEALS GADS, RED HEAD...
Check out my FaceBook Page Azduckmensunion and like it... lots of talk about waterfowl going down all season long... https://www.facebook.com/Azduckmensunio ... e=bookmark
MOB40
hunter

Postby Havoc1229 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:33 am

Nice. Yeah I gave up on the decoys too. Left the blind sun about 9am with some mallards gads and a shoveler
Havoc1229
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:20 pm

nice...
MOB40
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 pm

There's water in Arizona??
Kidding boys good luck

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby Havoc1229 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:29 pm

MOB40 wrote:nice...

But hey if you don't wanna walk around roosy next season. I got room for more in my boat. I need to expand my waterfowl friends. The past 10 years it's just me n my dad
Havoc1229
hunter

Postby MOB40 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 am

COOL MAN I LEFT MY BOAT HOME I WAS HUNTING GARTH, YEA I LIKE HUNTING WITH MORE GUNS IN THE BLIND ESPECIALY WHEN THE BIRDS ARE HOT AND DECOYING. ILL MAKE SURE TO HIT YOU UP NEXT SEASON. ALSO YOU CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE "AZDUCKMENSUNION" IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK, ITS PRETTY GOOD ALL AZ WATERFOWLERS FOR THE MOST PART...
MOB40
hunter

Postby threedogs » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:11 am

MOB40 wrote:COOL MAN I LEFT MY BOAT HOME I WAS HUNTING GARTH, YEA I LIKE HUNTING WITH MORE GUNS IN THE BLIND ESPECIALY WHEN THE BIRDS ARE HOT AND DECOYING. ILL MAKE SURE TO HIT YOU UP NEXT SEASON. ALSO YOU CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE "AZDUCKMENSUNION" IF YOU HAVE A FACEBOOK, ITS PRETTY GOOD ALL AZ WATERFOWLERS FOR THE MOST PART...

You wont after some azzhat shoots one of you....
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting