AZ Dove Hunt

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

AZ Dove Hunt

Postby tstrong » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:41 pm

Just returned from a 2 day hunt in AZ. WOW is all I can say. 5 of us got our limits each day and a couple of limits of the Urasian Pigeon also. Big birds and tasty too. Saw the warden twice today and I'll say you guys have great people for Wardens. This guy was really nice and sat and talked with us. Did the normal checking of the guns - license and birds but also was a real human being. We're form Calif and and wouldn't expect that kind of treatment normally. Like most people in Calif the Wardens here are usually grumpy, not all but most. We also picked up TONS of crap left behind by other hunters! 2 - 30 gal trach bags with empty shells -waterbottles and shell boxes. Take it from a Californian who has seen great hunting spots disappear because of inconsiderate hunters. Please pass the word to your fellow hunters to clean up, if you want to see what can happen come to california - a place called Niland just east of the Salton Sea. The Fish and Game regulates a few 1000 acres for about 5000 hunters. Maybe the Calif Wardens are so grumpy from having to deal with inconsiderate hunters? I"M TOTALLY SERIOUS! The farmers will just close there land to hunting.
tstrong
hunter

Postby tstrong » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:20 pm

It's kinda hard to get excited about a 1/4 pound Dove when I've got 15 pound Honkers to harvest.
The Bunny Huggers put a stop to the Dove Huntin' here in Michigan a couple years ago anyway.
They said they're no good to eat. That we just want to kill song birds !
The ignorance of some ppl.........
ARIZONA----- I took this from The Honey Hole on the main Forum - they tried to do this do your state last year and lost. Arizona is a marked target - and the bunny huggers are trying any way poss to shut it down. They trid in CAlif 2 yrs ago and it didn't make it. Don't think they've stopped trying :mad:
tstrong
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting