Duck Hunting Forum banner

Yuma Area ?

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  blindbound86 
#1 ·
I visited the town of Yuma this weekend my son had wrestling sectionals for HS and never been in that area before. Anyone hunt this area looks good for geese. Any info would be helpful not looking for spots I have time to scout geese get blown of feeding spots fast so scouting is key. Thanks

#2 ·
Lot of views vs replies.. Personally I haven't hunted Yuma. But I have heard of people in the past telling me around Yuma is decent. I also believe azgf website has something on it (obviously).. I know this post is as useful as a soup sandwhich. But that's all I know about Yuma.....

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I haven't hunted that low on the Colorado river I hunt cibola or show low for geese and have done pretty well I think we harvested 54 geese in total between my two boys and me and a fourth a time or two but whose counting rite.Blind and Havoc I would like to offer you guys a trip next season to do some honking and see if we can hoax some to decoy in close enuff to close the deal oh yea and help with the decoys Lol

#5 ·
HAC said:
Thanks for the replies, I haven't hunted that low on the Colorado river I hunt cibola or show low for geese and have done pretty well I think we harvested 54 geese in total between my two boys and me and a fourth a time or two but whose counting rite.Blind and Havoc I would like to offer you guys a trip next season to do some honking and see if we can hoax some to decoy in close enuff to close the deal oh yea and help with the decoys Lol
Yeah that'd be great!

#6 ·
HAC said:
Twist my arm! That sounds great. I have only shot 2 geese in AZ and both were a byproduct of duck hunting. I would love to target them specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I have put in for the pheasant hunts for ten plus years and I never drew a tag so I gave up putting in. Blindbound iam a duck hunter at heart and hunt other things to fill in time but hunting geese is something else I guess because it really is a lot of work and to see them come in on your spread its like nothing else they look huge but hard as heck to take down. Cibola a lot of folks hunt that and give up on sundays, thats the day I like to go as a walk on and I always get a blind they seem not to fill up that day I have 84 shells and 36 full body decoys and believe me when I say that's a lot of work for myself and kids I lost one kid this year to college so its me and one kid I will hit you and Havoc up to put in for the draw for a blind in cibola the cost is 15 on line per application. I have heard of folks hunting yuma for ducks but not geese I might spend a weekend next season just scouting to see if any birds congregate there, I drove around for awhile last Saturday and the place looks like it would hold a lot of birds but I didn't see any so who knows just have to get out there and burn threw a few tanks of fuel thanks guys for the replies

#9 ·
Sounds good. The farm I work for has another location In the imperial valley that I go to a couple times a month. I will look around also the next time I am passing through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.