FIELD HUNTING

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

FIELD HUNTING

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:07 am

Has anyone field hunted in arizona? If so what areas...

I live out in farm areas and only maybe once a month ill see a duck flying high but I havent seen them ever get low enough to shoot...
What kind of fields are the best to hunt?
Mike

“If it flies, it dies, and if it just sits there, it dies too!”
Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:27 pm

Mike
Some of the ducks we found in Buckeye were loaded with corn. I assume there are some corn fields freshly turned under out there. Did you get out this weekend? I only managed a couple of green heads and a green winged teal. I am getting better at calling as I took them while they were on final approach to the decoys. Still not seeing many birds though.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:30 am

ok i found a really nice spot full of birds but i am in need of some deekes and some one that can call lol.. :yes: i blow they fly the other way haha... :mad: but i shot a canvasback yesterday it is a beauty ill tell you more about it if we ever go hunt together... :huh: the spot is close to home for me but i dont know how i stumbled across it yesterday in the dark and i saw so many birds fly over it was unbelievable plus it is easy to get to .... :thumbsup:
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:55 am

I know what you mean about the ducks turning. I swore I got a call that told them to make a hard right turn when I started using it. A little practice and things are changing.
Good to hear you got a canvasback. I only seem to get mallards and green wing teals although we did pick up some beautiful buffle heads at Big lake in early November.
I have a nice selection of decoys and some time during the week if you can manage it.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:29 pm

during the week makes it hard for me but i am usually open on the weekends... i am going to vegas this next weekend till tuesday for my b-day but christmas weekend i will definately be out there... i saw about 10 buffle head, a few mallard hens, a pair of canvasbacks, a bunch of coots, and believe there was a couple red heads out there... I am sure once it even gets a little colder we will get even more ducks in this area... :thumbsup: just let me know if you want to meet up I live out in buckeye (I-10 and jackrabbit area) almost to california lol

How hard is it to setup deekes? I have never done it only been out a couple of times still learning and perfecting my shot...
Mike

Infamous20
hunter

Postby kidhunter » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:43 pm

wehunt alot kinda by laughlin in flooded fields they are mostly alfalfa fields but we shoot alot of mallards and a couple of geese here and there we huntied this last weekend in a flooded field and killed 5 snows and 10 mallards for 3 people so imn a believer in it
kidhunter
kidhunter
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting