new to forum

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

new to forum

Postby Spymoose1 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:31 pm

I just kinda stumbled onto this forum, what a find. I mostly go upland game hunting. This is my first year hunting fowl, i'm still trying to find some spots to hunt. Good luck hunting ya'll.
Spymoose1
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:08 am

what location you live around?...

:welcome: To DHC
Mike

“If it flies, it dies, and if it just sits there, it dies too!”
Infamous20
hunter

Postby haiwee » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:26 pm

Welcome, Spymoose. As a new waterfowl hunter I think you'll find in these pages a wealth of knowledge. I'm sort of a newbie to these pages as well (although not a newbie to duck hunting), and most of the posters are good spirited and full of good advice.

Even though I live in SoCal, I do a lot of my duck hunting in Arizona at Alamo Reservoir. Where near Phoenix do you hunt?
haiwee
hunter

Postby Spymoose1 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. i live in the middle of phoenix, near the 51. I scouted a couple of places so far, none had more ducks or geese than any of the golf courses in town. It hard to drive around the city and see more ducks next to the sidewalk than in the field.

I looked at lake pleasant, nothing really there, but it is a big lake.
Gunna try Roosevelt once the lakes up north freeze, i have a location in mind..(thanks google earth!!)
Spymoose1
hunter

Postby Infamous20 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:48 am

Roosevelt is a beautiful lake but there is a good places closer that i have found let me know when you can go out and ill take ya on a small hike... The best way to find a nice spot is take a weekend and just go 4 wheelin i have found more spots out screwing around trying not to get stuck in the mud then i have on any virtual map... :thumbsup:
Mike

“If it flies, it dies, and if it just sits there, it dies too!”
Infamous20
hunter

Postby 6x6pinz » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:36 am

roosevelt can work well as long as you do your scouting there first. The biggest advantage at Roosevelt would be good calling skills in the right locations. Some have done very well there while others report not seeing any birds. I know it is generic statement but like with any large lake it is difficult to pin down a specific spot.
6x6pinz
hunter

Postby Spymoose1 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:53 pm

i figured i would have to scout it out. Thinking about buying a small boat and scout via that method.
Spymoose1
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting