Duck Hunting Forum banner

Early Christmas present from wife

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  LIGHT12 
#1 ·
Got to love an understanding wife. My first season and hooked real bad. She has allowed me to get out as much as I want and even got me an early Christmas gift (already had the truck) Thanks to the help from the present we were able to limit out for the first time today

photo from phone so not the best

See less See more
#3 ·
Don
I am always up for a hunt. I have the next three days planned for hunting. If one fits your schedule let me know. I can do either place but would like to return the favor and show you what we have to deal with up here.
I am having the family over for dinner Sat night, guess what the meal plan is. I will pm you my phone number, just give me a call and we can set something up.
Mike

#5 ·
Infamous20 said:
That boat has done wonders lol... :thumbsup:

When we going out again...? I cant stand not being crotch deep in water waiting to see the next flight come over... :rofl:
You are a newbie. Its been 20+ years and I still don't mind a little cold water on the waders. Fleece wader pants do wonders for cold water. And this isn't that cold. I grew up in Wisconsin. But most of our hunting was done from blinds on islands. But I have been known to get in an inner tube and hunt in some colder weather up there.

Heck my dad was hunting and kneeling on a sand bar that was under 6 inches of water up until the last week of the season in Wisconsin. Just hid behind the bush he stuck there in the middle of it early in the season.

#6 ·
Hey light may be you should go see that teacher again... lol
:lol:
I said "I cant stand not being crotch deep in water waiting to see the next flight come over..." meaning i wish i was crotch deep in water waiting for some more ducks to whack out of the sky... :thumbsup: At 6am it is beautiful out there i wouldnt trade anything in the world for some cold weather and my 12 ga...

#7 ·
oops, read it wrong. The actual problem is i am dating a teacher. Actually the same teacher for 5 years and we have broke up twice in the last 5 months, and she is now trying to keep me in her life agian. So my attention span is non existant, I can't keep poop straight in my head, time to axe her I think.

#9 ·
i've been out 3 times the past month. We should have had 2 limits but I couldn't shoot the one day. I ended up with 5. The other days were bad. I ended up with one canvasback, and the other day I got tired of so many people on ATVs. I was scouting a new place and didn't realize how many people off roaded there.
I would be up to meet some new people. I don't have much to offer for spots. Only have one good one and my hunting partner would kill me if I spoke of it out loud.

I am taking this season easy. I got to wrapped up in ducks last season and that was part of the relationship problems. I shot a lot of ducks last year, and spent a lot of days hunting and even more scouting.

I'm looking up some dvds ad cds to give you guys some direction on learning aids for calling. I just need to get into the box.

For the new callers don't call to much. get thre attention and call to keep it. I only call when they look like they are loosing their attraction to me. if i see heads looking else where, things like that.

my little tip for the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.