Southern "Pond Jumping" Arizona

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Southern "Pond Jumping" Arizona

Postby shaftermoko » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Well seasons not to bad down and around Tucson ducks are in but so far only seen mallards. Would love to find something else. We've only been able to pond jump the stock tanks around here and its not that bad. Took a small hunt down south to Arivaca in and around the Buenos Aires refuge and saw plenty of coots and mallards also. They decoyed good but wind took our spread out to far to late to shoot. Got a tip from local fish and game after they pulled us out of the mud bog that up around Mormon lake on the refuge is decent also so hopefully the first part of year we will do another road trip. Wish those geese we saw last year would show up. If anyone has seen them please send them and some other ducks our way!!!! :help: But if not the ponds are keeping us busy at the moment. I finally took my little girl out on her first hunt today and she loved it even though it was cold and daddy got her a duck also. She's 3 and for a little girl holds her own!!! Cant wait till she's old enough to shoot then i'll have a permanate partner. Well hope the picture comes out. Good hunting and Happy Holidays from TucsonImage
shaftermoko
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting