in case any of you missed this on the Honey Hole

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

in case any of you missed this on the Honey Hole

Postby LIGHT12 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:29 pm

I madeit out this weekend and shoot a couple of spoonies.

One of them had Rice Breast. Which is the result of a parasite that is contracted from eating in fields with dung from an infected carnivore. It looks like fatty deposits or rice in the muscles of the bird. They claim if cooked well done it is safe to eat, but you won't find me eating it. I don't remember the name of the parasite, but do a search in the honey hole for rice breast and you will find it.

Here are a few pics.

Rice Breast

2 hens 2 drakes

I might mount this one.

Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby mr.smith » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Hmm kinda looks like @#$#@#@ reservoir. I heard it had water and a bunch of spoonies. I see the water part was accurate but that looks more like a couple rather than a bunch of spoonies.
That's Quacktastic!
mr.smith
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 pm

there are only a couple of anything in that particular spot. its been a bit over hunted, and the number of ducks over blown. In fact the number of morons hunting it out number the ducks. guys shooting early, sky busting, not Iding ducks they shoot. Setting up on top of you, whatever you can think of it happens there. I let my buddy talk me into it. I don't know why I even bother there. Unless you are there and no one else in the stae knows it has water you will hate it.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby mr.smith » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:06 am

Did Matt drag you out there?
That's Quacktastic!
mr.smith
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:38 pm

No, I met up with him there after the hunt. My hunting partner who doesn't post much on forums got me to go. He hasn't been much for our honey hole since some guys found it and trashed it. So we went there. Matt seems to be a real nice guy. It was the first time I had met him. We had online chats a few times.
LIGHT12
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting