Moving to Arizona

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Moving to Arizona

Postby RRG » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:03 pm

Hello All,
I am in the process of relocating to The Southern part of Az (Rio Rico) about 45 miles South of Tucson.
I just got off the phone with the Az waterfowl Biologist.And was surprised and elated to learn that this area has good waterfowling(my two labs Rilee and Reggie will be happy also)
I would just like to get some input from you locals as for the good areas and species i could expect to come across.

Thanks In Advance,
Geoff
RRG
Newb

Postby had » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:21 am

that area has some good whitetail too! i have never hunted ducks there but it is a nice area. why you moving? what do you do?
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby RRG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:04 am

had,
We are in the process of moving all of our stamping operations to Nogales mexico.
I am the manager for the Tooling and Die Engineering.
RRG
Newb

Postby had » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 pm

thats cool, good luck on the move. i know how that can be, we work in lettuce and move to california and back every year. when i have hunted down there i saw lots of good places to hunt ducks. there is a refuge over that way. i don't think you can hunt it but it prob helps bring ducks to the ponds and tanks.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby firebird » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:21 pm

We visit every other year-You are insane not to teach those labs to get quail up. Mearns quail are my favorite bird of all and will be a blast with your labbies. GPS the stock ponds as they do hold ducks and unbelievable dove shooting. Buy yourself a copy of the Wingshooters Guide to Arizona by Web Parton. Best investment you can make. Good Luck!
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby RRG » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:26 am

Thank You Firebird,
I will look into all that you suggested.
How do you go about finding these stock tank's.

Thanks in advance,
Geoff
RRG
Newb

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting