Arizona Waterfowl

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Arizona Waterfowl

Postby The Extractor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm moving to the Phoenix area for school from Washington state and want to know if there are any places to hunt ducks or geese in that area.
The Extractor
hunter

Postby skyehunter » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:13 pm

DeadmanCreekOutfitters,

Looks like you have not received alot of info as of yet. There is some hunting out here, yet scouting seems to be the key. As I have family from Wa and have done a bit of hunting there, you will find it chalanging to say the least hunting in AZ. The season seems to start late unless we get an early winter. I have scouted Lake Pleasant some (mostly local ducks) and might suggest you look into the Verde River. I have heard Roosevelt and Horshoe can produce birds, yet this is the first year I have the boat up running and can now try them.

Welcome to Az.
skyehunter
hunter

Re: Arizona Waterfowl

Postby phoenix-boy » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 pm

All common species of both diving and puddle ducks as well as dark and white geese can be found in Arizona. Arizona's waterfowl hunting season usually opens on the first Friday in October and runs into January. Hunting seasons and bag limits are set by the Pacific Flyway frameworks and adopted annually by the Game and Fish Commission in late July or earl August.
phoenix-boy
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting