Looking for hunting buddy....

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Looking for hunting buddy....

Postby Naturegirl » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:44 pm

A little history on myself.

I've grown up in the outdoors and shooting just about my entire life. I live in the East Valley in Arizona. I'm 35 and the mother of 3 with a new 3-month old baby. I followed my husbad around on all of his hunts for so many years that eventually I picked up a gun and tried it myself. Well, I love it. It's not just the hunt, but being outside, enjoying good company at times, and the birds are like the icing on the cake for me.

My husband and I have different schedules and are finding it hard to get away together to hunt because of the new baby. It kills me being left behind and watching him come home with his ducks, quail, doves. I want to be out there. I want to go too. Our schedules enable us to go separately a lot more than together, but I've only been actually hunting myself last year and this year, so I am relatively new to it. I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable going out by myself yet. I have a 15 yo son who hunts too, but he is grounded (it's seeming like forever) so he can't go.

I am looking to meet someone to hunt with. I have all the equipment, including dog (but can't take her quite yet because I'm not up to par on her training, husband is). I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there in the same boat as me. I can go pretty much anyday with a little notice.

For me, it doesn't matter if it is a man or a woman, but unfortunately in today's day and age we never know for certain who people are and I am a cautious person by nature. Maybe a guy is reading this and has a wife who likes to hunt too and can mention this to her.

Any ideas, thoughts?

Signed: I just wanna hunt!
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:48 am

Sorry to miss your post earlier. welcome to the AZ forum.

Don't have a lot of time this year again. But December I may. Sounds like you have a hand full with the family. Good luck with the season. I'be been out 2 times 2 teal is all i have to my name. Can't wait for cold weather up north.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Naturegirl » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks for the welcome! I manage to get out more than I thought I would, but we are waiting for the migration to hit. I have a couple widgeons and that is about it for me. DH has done much better than me.

I sure wish there was another woman (or husband and wife) in the area who liked to hunt too. I never imagined there are so few of us.

Good luck!
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:04 pm

Not many of you. If you have a sister send her my way. LOL. All I seem to meet are woman that are vegitarians. Its pretty sick. I a Cinni and gwt to my name. So atleast you have some meat on your birds.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Naturegirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:58 pm

If you have a sister send her my way. LOL.

Yeah right. I went tent camping with my sister once and she was so afraid of the spiders that she slept in the Jeep. It's hard to believe we come from the blood.

Where at in AZ are you? My father-in-law is in Munds Park and he said there are a few new birds coming through and I did see a few flocks of geese flying the other day here in town. We have this little community lake near us and I can always tell when the migration hits because that lake fills up with Canadas. But, things are still pretty slow.
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:28 pm

I'm in Mesa. So like you easy hunts are the greater phoenix area and i'm boatless at the moment. so hunting sucks.

I have not seen a thing come down yet. The lakes I check to see if the migration has started are still empty.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Naturegirl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:53 pm

We are close. I'm in Gilbert, but grew up in Mesa. How funny! We have a boat, more like a ski boat, but have never hunted from it yet. There is a place we heard about up north a little that is supposed to be great for geese, but I believe we need the boat for that.

The other day I was driving down Gaudalupe Rd. and saw a couple flocks of geese flying and I'm starting to see them in the pond at Guadalupe and Power. It shouldn't be too long......but not soon enough.

Who knows we probably hunt some of the same areas. I believe DH is going out Sunday for ducks. I'll keep you posted.
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

lets go hunting!

Postby jckesl » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm

I am new to Arizona. Just moved my family and business to Surprise from Arkansas. I lived 30 minutes from Bayou Meto an Arkansas WMA with 35,000 acre of flooded timber. Boy I sure do miss hunting there. I'm going to try hunting on the Gila river close to buckeye with a friend in the morning. Im looking to meet up with others who like to hunt. Would love to try quail hunting in desert. If you guys teach me how to hunt in AZ I take you on a hunt to Arkansas someday. I have a camp there and know all the good spots. You can end an email to jameschriskesl@yahoo.com anytime. Thanks talk to you soon.
jckesl
Newb

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Went out the day before thanksgiving and thanksgiving morning. All I got was rained on. Not much down yet. I saw a dozen mallards in one spot, and a few new ducks on the lake, but not much.

James I shot you a pm. a while ago. I'll give you any help I can. I'm pretty discouraged right now. last season was not good for me. And this doesn't seem to be going any better.
LIGHT12
hunter

Hunting areas

Postby DUCKMARKSMAN » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Where do you and your hubby hunt???
GOOTIMES!!!!
DUCKMARKSMAN
Newb

Re: Hunting areas

Postby Naturegirl » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 pm

DUCKMARKSMAN wrote:Where do you and your hubby hunt???

That is not to be asked. Our common answer is we hunt somewhere up north....haha :rofl:
Naturegirl
Naturegirl
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting