just need a few tips

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

just need a few tips

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:03 pm

:help: this is going to be my second year hunting for waterfowl in arizona im only 13 but very into the sport i am wondering if u guys have any ways i can improve my duck hunting skills and also how to bag my limit i only got one duck last year as my uncle got 3 we are beginner hunters and short on money we have a twelve foot boat camo. me and my dad both have remington 870 express shotguns and i would like to know how to improve my skills and get more ducks without spending alot of money. we have a couple calls and we are buying a dozen duck decoys 8 drakes 4 hens please help me out!!!!!!!.

p.s. we hunt at north dike near topock
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby AZ. Duckman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:03 pm

It sounds like you are on the right track. A dozen decoys is plenty for most places in Az. When you have more money...Buy more, but a doz will work for now. Remember to leave enough room between dekes for the ducks to land, also remember, most of the time the birds land into the wind.

Practice calling everyday, the more you practice, the more you will sound like a duck. It is a good idea to include some sort of duck whistle on your lanyard and incorporate it with the quacks, I think it makes the ducks a little more comfortable and willing to commit. But don't call too much, as a general rule, call to the wingtips and tailfeathers, not when they are coming in.

Good luck, another site with great info is The Arizona Sportsmans Journal www.azsj.org
AZ. Duckman
hunter

thanks alot

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:52 pm

thanks for the tips i will be sure to try that out :smile:
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting