One lucky Canvas back.

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

One lucky Canvas back.

Postby openwaterhunter2 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:35 pm

The other day I was laying in my layout blind asleep with the flu (hard core huh?) when the sound of wind screaming threw wings woke me up. I opened my eyes to see a can swinging way wind committing my my spread. He landed not 10 foot from my feet in the spread. I watched him as he ruffled his feathers, cleaned his feathers, and finally tucked his head and fell asleep. The wind caught him and carried him out of my spread and he swam quickly back up and continued about his going about the thinks ducks do. Finally I couldn't hold in a cough and off he went. He's lucky the season don't open until Dec 31 here or he would be gracing the wall with the other one.
openwaterhunter2
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:24 pm

neat experience though, huh? i know would like to of seen him. but much rather shot him.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:53 pm

Cool!!
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby CANBACK KILLER » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:44 pm

personally the can is my favorite duck, fast & furious, they own the sky. Come jan. 1 you`ll be lucky to catch one slippin like that. Praise the all mighty can. :thumbsup:
Let `em work & Don`t kill `em if ya don`t Eat `em
CANBACK KILLER
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:32 pm

Been having them land in my spreads all week. Come January I probably won't be able to see the first one.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting