UPPER MISSISSIPPI

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

UPPER MISSISSIPPI

Postby MJB9138 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:53 am

AS LONG AS THAT LAST POST WORKED I'LL TRY ANOTHER. MY SON, BROTHER-IN-LAW, AND MYSELF ARE HEADED OVER TO POOL 9 ON THE UPPER MISSISSIPPI BTW WISCONSIN AND IOWA. WILL BE THERE THE FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER. I'LL TRY AND POST OUR RESULTS AND EXPERIENCES WHEN WE GET BACK. IF ANYONE HAD ANY PRIOR HUNTING TIME OVER THERE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ABOUT IT. 5 DAY OUT OF STATE LICENSES ARE ONLY $50, SO THAT NOT BAD. I CANT IMAGINE WHAT 250K OF CANVASBACKS LOOKS LIKE ! BUT THATS WHAT THEY SAY WILL BE THERE ON ANY GIVEN DAY IN LATE OCTOBER/EARLY NOVEMBER. WE'LL SEE. BRASS TO THE BACK, GUYS! :thumbsup:
HUNT OUT OF A TDB
MJB9138
hunter

Postby BullCanBuster » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:55 pm

Yep - you will see the Cans. There were estimated 50k on Pool 7 (Onalaska) last weekend. I hunted higher up, and only saw one flock, but in 2 weeks, they should move down if we get any type of NW blow. We hunt Pools 4/5 every 1st week of Nov., and have always nailed Cans when the season was open - actaully have video of 75-80 landing in the coys... if they are around, I suggets waiting for a big Bull can, whiter than most, but only 1 out of 20 or so are this way - great for a mount.

In Pool 9, you will haveto contend with layout boats - guiys from IN are usually there that week too...
Take The Drake, and watch them crumple!!!

BullCanBuster
BullCanBuster
Newb

Return to Diver Duck Hunting