Diver call

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, LayedOut, Dep6, crewchief252

Diver call

Postby openwaterhunter2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:26 pm

I know alot of ya'll are looking funny or even rolling your eyes but I wanted one, AND now I have one. I looked high and low for a diver call. I looked in the cabelas duck catalog every time I came out, but never seen what I wanted. Then I went to the new Bass Pros here in town and way back in the back all by it's lonesome was a Flextone diver call. I snatched that baby up and was trying it out as soon as I was in the truck. The wife got over it pretty quick but I made her listen to it the whole way home (30 minutes). I must say it sounds really good and I like the way you can manipulate the end to make different sounds. They also have a life time warrenty. I don't think my RNTs have that. I may have to even try a mallard call. If they sound as good as this one I will have 5 RNTs for sale. :cool: NAW!!! I'll keep em for keep sakes and my youngin to practice with when she grows out of her calls.
openwaterhunter2
hunter

Postby vacuum6 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:40 am

one of the best diver calls ever made was an Olt K-11. we called it a "dial a diver" call. it telescoped with markings for cans, bluebills and red heads. they have not been made for 30 years and olt is no longer in business. i have had mine since the 50's when i was not old enough to hunt but would sit in the front of the boat blind with my dad using a toy bow and arrow with a suction cup on the arrow. i got to witness the haydays of the diver migrations on lake poygan in wisconsin. pretty incredible numbers.
i have several regular duck calls that make a very nice diver PRRRR sound, so i agree that a diver call is not necessary. if you want to see a clone of the olt k-11, they are made by DJ's Illinois River Calls. Dave Jackson is a former employee of Olt. His diver call is also called a K-11.
vacuum6
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:49 am

My dad has one of those old calls. He's had it since I was a kid, and it still works great.
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting