Storage

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Storage

Postby Mikeguard01 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:53 am

How's everyone storing there decoys in their boat? I just made to giant bags that have Velcro on the top mounted to each of the gunnels. They each hold a little over 2 dozen Bills for long lines. I have another dozen in milk crates which I use for seats when hunting.

Mike01
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:06 pm

I use big rubbermade tubs that fit on each side of the front; leaving a walkway in the middle. I know some guys who use a big rubbermade trash can. Like a 40-50 gallon size. They worke really great, and hold a lot of deekes. Drill holes in the bottom though, so water will drain and not freeze your deekes
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:41 pm

I sue custom bags from Diane in New Jersey for anything that gets carved by me, other wise they get thrown in the bow of the boat
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:13 pm

I thought about using custom bag so I could keep the decoys attached to the mother line. Figured it would save a lot of time setting out the lone lines.

Mike01
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Lundman » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:40 am

I have a 20ft. Lund, with a side console so theres plenty of room in the bow. I have run to two pieces of bungee cord ( 1 down each side ) from the bow to midship with loops hog ringed in them. This way I can leave the anchors attached and the decoys are left attached to the main line . Just stand them up and pull the loops down over the heads and they are ready to go the next morning when you are done for the day. I can run a dozen oversized decoys down each side of the boat and still have plenty of room. I also carry two rubbermaid trash cans ( with holes drilled in the bottom ) in the stern for the rest of my rig. Simply leave decoys on main line, put one anchor in the can and feed rope and decoys in.When you get to the other end, coil up the rope and anchor then tie it and set the coil of rope over the head of the first decoy that is to go out . This works great for me. It's only one mans opinion, but give it a try.
"Keep your head down and your eyes to the sky"
Lundman
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:35 am

Thanks for the replies. Now if I can just figure out what to do with all the goose decoys.

Mike01
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Diver Duck Hunting