GHG Has Goldeneye Decoys

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

GHG Has Goldeneye Decoys

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:27 am

Very nice looking decoys! I can't wait to get a bunch of these. :thumbsup:

http://forum.averyoutdoors.com/showthread.php?t=15391

Please don't turn this into a bashing thread. If you wish to express your unhappiness with Avery please make your own thread. Thank you.
SwampHunter
Membership permanently suspended

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am

They look pretty good as do most of GHG dekes, for me plastics don't have a place on the big water, I'm not bashing I own a few GHG divers for walk-in spots.Anyone know if they changed their paint yet?
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:17 am

ISHOOTDIVERS wrote:Anyone know if they changed their paint yet?

Changed their paint to what?
SwampHunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:24 am

it tends to chip easily... but i think they're the best lookin decoys, so i buy them anyways...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:27 am

jjohnson_714 wrote:it tends to chip easily... but i think they're the best lookin decoys, so i buy them anyways...

I have at least 40 dozen and I haven't had any chip yet.
SwampHunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:46 am

guess you got lucky or take really special care of them... we have a dozen bluebill, two dozen widgeon, and some hot buys... they are all chipping... and i know many people around here have had the same problem, so i know its not just me... i know if you spray on some clear krylon that helps a bunch, but i just havent got the time to do it... but like i said it's something that i'll deal with cause they look the best...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:27 pm

Could someone just delete the whole thread?

I guess it was too much to ask not to bash or express a person's unhappiness with Avery and their prducts. Too bad threads go south like this. What a shame. :thumbsdown:
SwampHunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 pm

SwampHunter wrote:
ISHOOTDIVERS wrote:Anyone know if they changed their paint yet?

Changed their paint to what?

you asked a question, i answered... i never meant to bash... i was just trying to answer you... im sorry if you took it the wrong way... i was not bashing avery... in fact that is the only deke i buy cause they look the best, and if we had more goldeneyes around here i would buy some because they look extremely realistic...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:04 pm

Well I guess since I quoted ISHOOTDIVERS I was asking him. Never thought he would have to have someone answer the question for him.
He knew what he was doing when he asked if they fixed the paint. Pretty much implying that they have had paint problems. To me that's bashing. It would be no different than me asking the guy down the street if his wife is still a slut. No I didn't come out and say she was a slut, but he still would know what I meant.

All I asked was one simple request and everyone is so wrapped up about paint issues(which ain't that big of a problem seeing how many hundreds of thousands of decoys were produced) that it just makes it not worth posting anything. It ain't even about the decoys though. It's about respect for the person asking not to turn the post into a bash fest. I guess it was way too much to ask not to hijack the thread.
It ain't going to matter though. I am just a member and you folks are mods. I as a member I try to respect the rules that is asked of me from the site owners. Of course I can't get the same respect from the mods. If nothing else why would a mod want to bash a product of a potential sponser anyway? Doesn't make any sense to me at all and sure doesn't get anything accomplished.
Pretty sad. :thumbsdown:
SwampHunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:13 pm

Swamphunter I respected you in that I did not tell you what I really thought about GHG, I simply asked a question.We all know GHG had problems & issues with paint, I heard they fixed these problems, I was just curious since you own 40 dozen GHG dekes I figure you of all people might know.No need to get all up in arms and I don't think anyone was trying to bash anyone here, sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Side Note: I'm not married and if I was I assure you my ol' lady wouldn't be a slut :thumbsup:

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:49 pm

If GHG had indeed fixed their paint issue, then it would have been a perfect opportunity for you say "Yes, they did fix their paint issue!" Everyone knows they had paint chipping problems, and in respect for GHG they were also the cheapest best looking decoys on the market. I've bought them, and I'd still buy them. I think their diver ducks look great. Are they made for the "big water"? I don't know. The Great Lakes and the Ocean can beat the crap out of most things, including the boys who hunt it.

Swamphunter, I don't think the Mods (including myself) put themselves on any pedestal, and by reading this post, don't think any one of us broke any rules. There was no personal bashing at all. To be quite honest with you. I think you took it personal, and I'm not sure why? Do you have vested interest in the company? Are you a shareholder? Or are you very happy with the product (owning 40 dozen of them) and don't have any negative experiences with them? I think you must have known there was some negative stereotype attached to these decoys, otherwise I don't think you would have asked to express there unhappiness with Avery on another thread.

I have heard that they mended there paint problem, and I have also seen their prices rise, keeping up with the market. So was the paint problem they originally had, a direct relation to their introductory price? I'm suspicious.

Please don't feel I hyjacked this thread because I'm a mod. please don't feel I'm taking sides, because I don't feel there should have been a side in the first place. I just saw a situation that turned real quick, and I'm not sure that there was any real sustenance that would have created the situation in the first place! By the way the Avery Goldeneyes look great, and so do the homemade Goldeneyes that ISHOOTDIVERS uses. I wonder how his will hold up? LOL!

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckplucker » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:12 pm

Swamp... I dont believe jjohnson was trying to bash anything... he added to the question that had been posed. Just try to calm down and simply tell him that you feel it is bashing, and ask NICELY for him to refrain from saying anything about flaws they may or may not have (in a side note, my hotbuys also chip). Now lets try to go back to the main topic.
The life cycle of a hunter... hunt, eat, sleep if there is time, then go hunt again.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, becasue hunting infers the possibility of failure. Rather, Chuck Norris goes killing.
duckplucker
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:29 pm

Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie..... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Well I think the 1st post smacks of :spam: to me. :thumbsdown: As I'd call that promotion of a product. :yes:

Ahemm, and SH mentioned following the rules here. Image
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:46 pm

First of all I ain't up in arms about anything. It's just a matter of respect. Which it doesn't look like there is much of here.

Now let's see.
ISHOOTDIVERS don't even have a place for these. Why even reply and ask a question if you have no intrest?

Pete,
Never said anyone broke any rules. I never took it personal. I asked for a simple thing which was not to let this thread go south. Would it been that hard to jut not reply? Vested intrest in the company? Surely you vest. So now just because I don't want a thread hijacked(which happened anyway) I own stock in the company? Read again..... I said it wasn't even about the decoys. It was more of a respect thing. Heck I used to carve professionally and have made a bunch of Goldeneyes. Corks just don't have a place in my main spread, since plastics are better for me in most situations. Of course if you didn't get it the first tme, I doubt you will get it this time. If ya'll want to discuss paint problems, please start another thread. Then we could talk about all of the pain problems and get alot of stuff right out in the open.

duckplucker,
Calm down? How so? I am calm and was calm when I typed what I typed. Just because you think that I am in an uproar doesn't mean that I am. We all interpret stuff on the net a bit differently. Look at it this way. I got you guys telling me nobody was bashing, but I see it differently..... especially since the person that started out doesn't even have intrest in these goldeneyes. :thumbsup:

Like I said, if a mod can please just delete the post please do so. I just wanted folks to know about new decoys that were coming to the market and didn't want the thread hijacked by bashers. We saw how well that went. Which wasn't very well. Please delete the thread. :thumbsup:
SwampHunter

Postby SwampHunter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:50 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Well I think the 1st post smacks of :spam: to me. :thumbsdown: As I'd call that promotion of a product. :yes:

Ahemm, and SH mentioned following the rules here. Image

Oh Really how so? Please show me where I am on the payroll of Avery or GHG. If I crossed a line please do your job as a mod and deal with the situation. Just please don't make it one sided though. I mean cause if you ave ever posted about anther product then you must be spamming as well and it wouldn't be fair to deal wih me and not the others that do the same. In fact that would be illegal, since it's discremination. :thumbsup:
SwampHunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:51 am

Swamperhunter your reactions towards me are way off partner, re-read my first post genius, here let me help "They look pretty good as do most of GHG dekes, for me plastics don't have a place on the big water, I'm not bashing I own a few GHG divers for walk-in spots.Anyone know if they changed their paint yet?" Can you guess what I am keying in on here?Yes I owe a few GHG that I use on walk in shoots, very rare but it happens.I'm glad you told me there were of no use to me and I was just trying to bash them.Give me a break guy.But like Pete said these decoys don't have a place on big water, but I'm not here to start bashing, I was seriously inquiring about a new decoy wondering if they had corrected a problem that was very well known.I apologize to you Swamphunter I wasn't trying to start a bash game, it was a serious question, take it for what it's worth.I've also heard you were quite the carver, I'd love to see some of your work :thumbsup:

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby AZFowler » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:53 pm

Divers try the new k-11 call it is three in one with bluebill, reds, canvas from djcalls.com
AZFowler
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:37 pm

I don't call for divers, not my style :mrgreen:

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby tiercel45 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:40 pm

when exactly are these comin out would love to get some
tiercel45
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:41 pm

SwampHunter wrote:Well I guess since I quoted ISHOOTDIVERS I was asking him. Never thought he would have to have someone answer the question for him.
He knew what he was doing when he asked if they fixed the paint. Pretty much implying that they have had paint problems. To me that's bashing. It would be no different than me asking the guy down the street if his wife is still a slut. No I didn't come out and say she was a slut, but he still would know what I meant.

All I asked was one simple request and everyone is so wrapped up about paint issues(which ain't that big of a problem seeing how many hundreds of thousands of decoys were produced) that it just makes it not worth posting anything. It ain't even about the decoys though. It's about respect for the person asking not to turn the post into a bash fest. I guess it was way too much to ask not to hijack the thread.
It ain't going to matter though. I am just a member and you folks are mods. I as a member I try to respect the rules that is asked of me from the site owners. Of course I can't get the same respect from the mods. If nothing else why would a mod want to bash a product of a potential sponser anyway? Doesn't make any sense to me at all and sure doesn't get anything accomplished.
Pretty sad. :thumbsdown:

johnson was just answering a question. Usually because the guys on here are so nice everyone will answer. Alot of people have been members on here for a while and would know what bashing is. I love GHG decoys and although mine havnt dramatically they do tend to chip. Not bashing though.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby SwampHunter » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:31 pm

Gooseboy wrote:johnson was just answering a question. Usually because the guys on here are so nice everyone will answer. Alot of people have been members on here for a while and would know what bashing is. I love GHG decoys and although mine havnt dramatically they do tend to chip. Not bashing though.

:laughing: Always got to be someone charging into battle and not knowing that the battle is over. This post is old.... at least a month old. I didn't reply back to the genius mod because I felt it wasn't even worth it. I won't see it his way and he won't see it mine so the point of trying to push it would have been useless. I said what I said and it's don.... but leave it up to someone to come in charging on the battle field when the battle was over. :thumbsup:
SwampHunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:47 pm

Sorry. I didnt look at the date. But anyways alot of people have been on here longer than you and probably know the rules just fine.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby SwampHunter » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:02 pm

Gooseboy wrote:Sorry. I didnt look at the date. But anyways alot of people have been on here longer than you and probably know the rules just fine.

What was that about rules? I never understood that arguement anyway. One of the genius mods was the one who brought that up. I just said I as a member try to respect the rules of the forum, but can't get the same respect from the mods. Do you think this issue has been beat enough? Oh and how long have I been here? Could you please tell me that since you appear to be so knowledgable? And I can bet that you get it wrong since you will more than likely go by the date I registered. :laughing:
From now on please let other folks fight their own battles. Nobody needs a wannabe post police/keyboard warrior on the forums. Too many mods on the net do a fine job of that. :thumbsup:
SwampHunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:24 pm

Swamper hunter thanks for calling me a genius, I in no way tried or wanted to disrespect you, if that is how you took it my apologies.To each there own, I simply ask a question and since you are a bit partial took it to heart.We have enough mods, yet we have more crybabies that get their feelings hurt :thumbsup:

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Next

Return to Diver Duck Hunting