to many bluebills

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

to many bluebills

Postby marshwhacker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:08 pm

i've heard that all the bluebills are supposed to be way up north around michigan and all them states up there and that it stinks up there as far as bluebills but there all down here in texas, thousands and thousands of them things
marshwhacker
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Keep telling people it stinks up here and we don't have birds please! :yes: Trust in the fact that we still get thousands of em and have no problems going out and shooting our 2 drakes, and rumor has it, it's going to be 1 next year perhaps :umm:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

bluebills

Postby marshwhacker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:40 pm

thats just what i read in a magazine but we have no problem gettin our limits either i'd prefer to shoot big ducks but when the huntin is slow i just go our to our little secret spot shoot em up they need to make our limit more need to thin em out
marshwhacker
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:07 pm

Hey marshwhacker if those pesky Broadbills are to big of a nuisance for yah, I know a guy in Ohio and one in Northern NY, if you were to pay for the fights, they will take care of them for yah. No problem :hammering: :hammering:

BTW your right duckhunting up here stinks :toofunny: haven't seen any in years, :thumbsdown:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

bluebills

Postby marshwhacker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:05 pm

yall might have to come down next season, only problem is our limit is 2 a day so with four guys were done in about 10 minutes
marshwhacker
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:46 am

Marshwacker, we have the same problem with bills trust in that, we go out early in the year when no other divers are really around but bills, setting up a layout with 2 guys and it takes us less time to shoot our birds and swap each other out than it does to set the rig out or pick it up.But yes 870 and I would be glad to help out.But why would you want to go shoot park ducks :laughing:

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

bluebill

Postby marshwhacker » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:30 am

it must be hard for yall up there to set out your rig and decoys all we do is pull our boat up in some cane and throw out 1 dozen to 2 dozen dekes and were ready to hunt
marshwhacker
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:39 am

I could go sit on shore and throw out a few dekes or a big spread, but on your back is where it's at, I prefer to be miles from all the idiots and out on the big water, much more enjoyable

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

bluebills

Postby marshwhacker » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:45 am

well where i go its a private lease so we don't have to worry bout those idiots
marshwhacker
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:12 pm

ISD, It was only half park duck, that thing could fly I'm telling ya, :toofunny: and I don't mean one of my sons buddy's throwing it up into the air to shoot either :laughing: the poor kid is marked for life :toofunny:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:18 pm

Was the blind a park bench

ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:09 pm

ISD, I will explain it to ya one more time. When we hunt park ducks of coarse we use park benches as blinds, you want to blend in don’t ya. We tried layouts in those man made lakes, but that didn’t work, trust me. Keep this in mind leave the guns to home, it attracts WAY to much attention, baseball bats work just fine. :cool:
State Moderator

Bluebills

Postby ETXDuckMaster » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:04 pm

I know on Lake Sam Rayburn where I hunt I didn't see any at all. But I only got to hunt a week out of the season due to being deployed to Afghanistan.
"Take a child hunting and fishing to pass on a the tradition. Show them the way to treat mother nature and her surroundings."
ETXDuckMaster
hunter

bluebills

Postby marshwhacker » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:10 pm

hey ETXDUCKHUNTER sorry you didn't get to hunt much last season maybe we can hook up next season and go shoot some ducks
marshwhacker
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting