Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.
Moderators: crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6, jamesmc
Should I call at ringnecks with a diver call, or just let them work the decoys on their own?
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:52 am
- Location: Texas
- Posts: 528
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:07 pm
- Location: Fort Walton/Sneads FL.
when divers are working I prefer to just make some quacks and feeding chuckles just to give the decoy spread a little life. I've never had much success with ctually tryin to call to scaup or other divers. Its all about your decoy spread and concealment.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:59 pm
- Location: SW LA
Last edited by SwampHunter
on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Membership permanently suspended
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:59 am
- Location: Augusta, AR
give em a quack or two to get their attention, but when they see the dekes, just let em work...
went puddler hunting this year as usual.... shot more divers than puddle ducks. typical
- Posts: 265
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:24 pm
- Location: the big river, MN
Return to Diver Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest