Diver calling

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Diver calling

Postby BenelliSN » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

Just wondering if anybody.has ever tried using a crow call for divers because a lot of the divers like bluebills, buffleheads, cans, and a few others kind of sound like a crow. Just want to know what yoh think of this if it is worth trying out or if it will just turn them the other way. Would really like some feedback on what you guys think.
Aim small miss small
BenelliSN
hunter

Re: Diver calling

Postby chickwithagun » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:46 am

I personally use a regular duck call (Duck Commander Sarge). If you say "purr-purr" (roll your r's) into it while choking the end of the call it makes almost the exact same noise as buffies, cans, and ringnecks.
chickwithagun
hunter

Postby BenelliSN » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:27 pm

I do that as well, actually turned 2 buffies this past weeken and they came right into our spread but I was just thinking of trying to something with a crow call because I think they sound somewhat similar
Aim small miss small
BenelliSN
hunter

Postby blackjacks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:30 pm

I hunt alot of ring necks. I used to just kinda purr into a mallard call, but then I found a diver call for ten dollars and just bought it. It works great...I dont know if it works better than a mallard call or not. But when I bought it, I did notice that it did sound a little bit like a crow call.
blackjacks
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting