Layout boat?

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Layout boat?

Postby wvugunner92 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:48 pm

The boat shop i work at has a single man sail boat that is just sitting on the yard. My boss said i could have it if i want it. Every time i look at it i think about converting it into layout boat... Do you guys think i could convert it, And be safe. I live on the chesapeake and though i would never attempt to go out on a rough day, things happen. I feel like its low profile enough and its big enough for two people to gun out of. Heres a picture af basicly the same boat, obviously the first modification would be to remore the sail (figured id say that before i got some slick comment) :lol:

Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Re: Layout boat?

Postby Mr.Pymatuning » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:27 pm

I am sure you could make it work, and kill birds out of it. I don't think it will be as nice a true layout because it is going to have a higher profile. Go for it though and see how it turns out.
Mr.Pymatuning
DHC Sponsor

Re: Layout boat?

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:29 am

I would sell that and put the money towards a real one.
If you are going to remodel one, do a sunfish, they come out much better and you can find a free one.
Attachments
GetAttachment.jpg
GetAttachment.jpg (9.8 KiB) Viewed 983 times
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting