Scaup up 21% Yay!

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Scaup up 21% Yay!

Postby chris_k » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Let's all get sh!tfaced tonight! And celebrate for the Bluebills! :beer:
Attachments
ducks2012.jpg
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Re: Scaup up 21% Yay!

Postby don novicki » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Only 4% from the LTA though, so overall not that great.....but better than my last raise. :thumbsup:
don novicki
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:19 am

It sounds great but, I do not see the Great State Of Wisconsin ever raising bag limits. On a GOOD year we get 2 ! :sad:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:22 am

if they upped it to three, that would be a 50% increase in the limit. they're only up 4%
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Take a trip Wack 8 a day in Canada get it out of your system forget hunting in the States
War Wagon
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 pm

the limits in canada need to be reduced. DU raises money in the US, spends it in canada and we get the short end of stick on bag limits. mean while, all the DU big wigs are in canada killing all the birds they can. waterfowl conservation at it's finest :rolleyes:
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby eburgsnake » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Still a whole lot better the the numbers going the other way....
waterfowlman wrote:A game hog.......... is a game hog........is a game hog.
Folies will soon be appearing in a park holding waterfowl near you.
eburgsnake
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Limits in Canada are more because Residents dont hunt ducks and geese much. They think we are crazy to drive up there and shoot them. When duck and goose hunting are at its best they are bringing the crops in. No time for them to hunt. Give it a try and you will understand.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 pm

my neighbor doesn't hunt, i guess i should be able to kill his share of the ducks?

if ducks need protection here, they need equal or greater protection there. either they need it or they don't.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby eburgsnake » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 pm

ncbufflehead wrote:my neighbor doesn't hunt, i guess i should be able to kill his share of the ducks?

if ducks need protection here, they need equal or greater protection there. either they need it or they don't.

Bit of a thread jack here..but how many ducks are harvested in Canada compared to the US? it would make sense to me that if less people hunt in an area and x amount can be harvested without long term damage to the numbers the area with less hunters would be allowed to harvest more. Not trying to start anything here. Just tying to understand the argument.
waterfowlman wrote:A game hog.......... is a game hog........is a game hog.
Folies will soon be appearing in a park holding waterfowl near you.
eburgsnake
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:38 pm

eburgsnake wrote:
ncbufflehead wrote:my neighbor doesn't hunt, i guess i should be able to kill his share of the ducks?

Bit of a thread jack here..but how many ducks are harvested in Canada compared to the US? it would make sense to me that if less people hunt in an area and x amount can be harvested without long term damage to the numbers the area with less hunters would be allowed to harvest more. Not trying to start anything here. Just tying to understand the argument.

that would make sense if they didn't migrate
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:58 pm

ncbufflehead wrote:the limits in canada need to be reduced. DU raises money in the US, spends it in canada and we get the short end of stick on bag limits. mean while, all the DU big wigs are in canada killing all the birds they can. waterfowl conservation at it's finest :rolleyes:

You don't know the half of it. Around these parts, DU is a dirty word. Anytime a private duck club gets the backing of DU to get federal match dollars and the Officers of the local chapter are members....well it don't look good to local working men. In this specific incident, they got the grant for giving the birds a resting area during the migration. Can you imagine, a duck hunting club a resting place. They forgot to say "final" resting place. :mad:
Anyway, back to your regular schedule program.
Hooray for any increase in bills, we already get 3 a day.....can we get 4?
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby loon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 pm

I think we could handle a 3 bird limit in Wisconsin they're still not that many guys that are set up for divers.
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Postby War Wagon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:19 pm

O I only wish they would. I hunted the Bay of Green Bay for years, the limit was 10 what a great time we had. I never went to Canada this was heaven. Now its been years since I shot a Bill out there I just have my memories. I go to Canada and have a ball. I'm to the point in my life I hate hunting in the Great State of Wisconsin. To many PPL and to many DNR regulations. :sad:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby don novicki » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 pm

I'm with you on the DU thing. Last year I watched their TV show and they were somewhere outside of Seattle (or thereabouts) they had pumped money into a private "duck club" that was some old farm and was turned into this upper stratosphere duck club where every guy there had kicked in big bucks to DU. The "lodge" was a converted barn that puts most luxury houses to shame and each member of the "club" had their own private garage to store their J.D. Gator and tracked vehicles for their use. The chances of joe average getting on to that property were non-existent so tell me how we benefit with our donations to keep the fat cats in ducks? Also several years ago DU either purchased or gave 2 million to buy some outstanding marsh property for the Warne Ranch in South Dakota which again is all private property that we will never set foot on. If DU is going to hammer us for money then ALL their projects should be on public land or land that can be accessed by the average guy. Big money properties should be doign their own work and paying for it by themselves. That's whay I'm not a DU member and will send my money to Delta Waterfowl.....
don novicki
hunter

Postby steve k » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Just when I thought the Scaup numbers were good last year. I am going to need a wider lens this year for sure.

Captain Steven King

http://www.eastcoastwaterfowlers.com
Long Island's Premier Waterfowl Outfitter

steve k
DHC Sponsor

Postby Zochbirds » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:56 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
ncbufflehead wrote:Hooray for any increase in bills, we already get 3 a day.....can we get 4?

Exactly was i was thinking! :eek: :clapping:
If that doesn't get your blood boiling... nothing will.
2013-2014
Pintails-3
spoonbills-1
wigeon-10
teal-2
total:16
Zochbirds
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:45 pm

don novicki wrote:I'm with you on the DU thing. Last year I watched their TV show and they were somewhere outside of Seattle (or thereabouts) they had pumped money into a private "duck club" that was some old farm and was turned into this upper stratosphere duck club where every guy there had kicked in big bucks to DU. The "lodge" was a converted barn that puts most luxury houses to shame and each member of the "club" had their own private garage to store their J.D. Gator and tracked vehicles for their use. The chances of joe average getting on to that property were non-existent so tell me how we benefit with our donations to keep the fat cats in ducks? Also several years ago DU either purchased or gave 2 million to buy some outstanding marsh property for the Warne Ranch in South Dakota which again is all private property that we will never set foot on. If DU is going to hammer us for money then ALL their projects should be on public land or land that can be accessed by the average guy. Big money properties should be doign their own work and paying for it by themselves. That's whay I'm not a DU member and will send my money to Delta Waterfowl.....

I've been hearing things like this from DU for a while, which is why they no longer get any of my money. They don't mind taking the average guys dollar, but to heck with him when he wants to reap the rewards from his own hard earned money.
m.teeter
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting