Does anybody have a band to gift

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Does anybody have a band to gift

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Im 12 and was wondering if anybody had a band or two 2 to gift I would pay shipping pm me or comment if so.thank you
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Re: Does anybody have a band to gift

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:33 am

Why do you want someone else's band? :huh:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:08 am

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Why do you want someone else's band? :huh:

Cause I have a cousin who wants to duck hunt and he can't hunt much because his dad in Pennsylvania pipelineing and I was going to help him out on his first me him and uncle are going pond jumping neither can tell a difference between a goose and a duck hardly so I was gonna put band on one his ducks and surprise is that a good enough reason?
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:16 pm

ARduckboy24 wrote: is that a good enough reason?
no, it's pathetic
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:11 pm

ARduckboy24 wrote:

Cause I have a cousin who wants to duck hunt and he can't hunt much because his dad in Pennsylvania pipelineing and I was going to help him out on his first me him and uncle are going pond jumping neither can tell a difference between a goose and a duck hardly so I was gonna put band on one his ducks and surprise is that a good enough reason?

Tell them that almost all ducks are banded, so when they get one that isn't banded you can jump and cheer to tell them they have shot a rare duck...OMG!!!! :yes:
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 pm

ericrhaynes wrote:
ARduckboy24 wrote:

Tell them that almost all ducks are banded, so when they get one that isn't banded you can jump and cheer to tell them they have shot a rare duck...OMG!!!! :yes:

I've already explained the band thing to him.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:05 pm

ARduckboy24 wrote:
ericrhaynes wrote:
ARduckboy24 wrote:

Tell them you lied, they don't know the difference anyways.
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby ARduckboy24 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 pm

ericrhaynes wrote:
ARduckboy24 wrote:
ericrhaynes wrote:
ARduckboy24 wrote:

Tell them you lied, they don't know the difference anyways.

Good point
ARduckboy24
hunter

Postby Jim1648 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 pm

How sad.
Jim1648
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:11 am

Even if you acquired a band, putting it on a bird for your cousin would not help. Most bands, or band numbers, have already been submitted to the banding lab by the original hunter. So, if your cousin was to submit the band number, it would already be in the system as having been collected someplace else. Your big LIE would be exposed. Hunting, in its purest sense, is based on ethics and respect for oneself as well as the animal you are hunting. It is not about being "cool", or trying to seek attention, or killing as many as you can, or collecting ill gotten gains. The way you hunt is a direct reflection of you and how others judge you. I have never met a poacher or an unethical hunter who would not steal your wallet or stick you in the back given the chance. Now straighten up and do right. :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Hunting, in its purest sense, is based on ethics and respect for oneself as well as the animal you are hunting. It is not about being "cool", or trying to seek attention, or killing as many as you can, or collecting ill gotten gains. The way you hunt is a direct reflection of you and how others judge you. I have never met a poacher or an unethical hunter who would not steal your wallet or stick you in the back given the chance. Now straighten up and do right. :thumbsup:[/quote]

X2
m.teeter
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Even if you acquired a band, putting it on a bird for your cousin would not help. Most bands, or band numbers, have already been submitted to the banding lab by the original hunter. So, if your cousin was to submit the band number, it would already be in the system as having been collected someplace else. Your big LIE would be exposed. Hunting, in its purest sense, is based on ethics and respect for oneself as well as the animal you are hunting. It is not about being "cool", or trying to seek attention, or killing as many as you can, or collecting ill gotten gains. The way you hunt is a direct reflection of you and how others judge you. I have never met a poacher or an unethical hunter who would not steal your wallet or stick you in the back given the chance. Now straighten up and do right. :thumbsup:

x3
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:42 am

Thats like letting someone kiss your girl :yes:
cootlover
hunter