Duck Hunting Forum banner

River Hunting Divers

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ducks385 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about doing some hunting on the arkansas river this season, and I hear that it holds some divers. What are some small adjustments I could make to my mallard/teal spread that would bring in some divers?

#3 ·
You could attempt using just your hens.... But I think it would be difficult to "Target" divers without some black and white in your spread. You got pintails? I have had Buffies land in my pintails before.

Best thing you can do for cheap divers is pick up the cheapest hard plastic decoys you can find on Craigslist... Paint them black with an $8 rattle can of 'Truck Bed Liner' (more durable, sticks to decoy best, and top paint sticks best to it), and then get a $4 flat white rattle can and paint a thick "Bumble Bee" stripe across the back. End result being black chest, neck, and head; white back and sides; black butt and tail. Take you 20 minutes plus dry time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.