New to Washington.

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

New to Washington.

Postby AnonymousDuck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 pm

I'm sure I'm sticking my head on the proverbial chopping block here, but being new to Washington I have no idea where to start in my area. Moved up from Southern New Mexico to Western Washington area. Not asking for anyone for GPS location's to there favorite hunting area's, just a decent place to maybe start with. Haven't been able to meet any fellow duck hunters, probable because of the area I'm living in, not hunter friendly. Prior to the season opening I had a couple of guys say they would take me out and show me the ropes but it never happened. Tried to do some research through Game & Fish, but I don't really understand the way they have that set up. I have no experience being in an area like this and still don't eve really know my way around. So, can anyone offer some advice, or be willing to hook up with me for a hunt...have dog will travel lol.
Lastly, are Mojo's illegal here, from the reg's it sounds like it, but they still sell them here too, so I'm a little confused on that.

Randall
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Re: New to Washington.

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Randall,

What part of Western Washington are you located in? I live in SW and will start hunting hard in November. Right now you are going to be hunting resident birds. Mojo's are illegal. Don't use them here. Feel free to PM me and I can start filling you in on the the state and where to hunt. Also get on the Washington forum and say hello. Join the state waterfowl association and attend meetings. Get to know folks and the invites to hunt will come.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Re: New to Washington.

Postby AnonymousDuck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Scaup, hopefully I PM'd you correctly, if for some reason yo didn't get it please let me know.
Nothing Runs Like a Lab...
SD/SHR, DixieBrit's Waterdog "Dream" Come True.
Member: Combat Veterans Waterfowl Association.

XIXΔ

All I got was a rock...!
AnonymousDuck
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting