geese in spread

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

geese in spread

Postby lbhansford » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:40 pm

so ive got about 35 goose decoys and 2 doz divers and about 3 doz puddlers. was thinking of knotting up the puddlers in the middle and a couple long lines of divers, but where to put the geese. i feel like it will become very crowded quickly in the 30 yard shot range.. any suggestions? I dont see many geese among these diver photos.
lbhansford
hunter

Re: geese in spread

Postby apexhunter » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Just put a few of them off to one side (upwind) and be prepared for crssing shots should some geese decoy to them.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby honkerhitman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

i find some divers love geese. espeacially blue bills. i have had lines of divers out and bills pitch to geese off to the side many times. if you have them throw them out for visibility.
honkerhitman
hunter

Postby Rhhold0812 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Try putting a few geese on the down wind side (far away side) of your long lines. Not necessarily to attract geese but it would grap a ducks attention from far away and once they spot your spread they will see your other ducks. Just a way top pull in birds from a far distance.
Rhhold0812
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 am

Put the geese closest to you, then puddlers, then divers
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting