Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.
Moderators: LayedOut, Dep6, jamesmc, crewchief252
Anyone ever bag one of these drakes? I have yet to see one with a gun in my hand, but I got a spot already picked out on the wall for when I do.
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:05 pm
- Location: So. Me/NH
to DHC. No Ive never seen one and propably never will unless I go out with one of these northerners one day. :laughing:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.
Know your target before you pull the trigger.
Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
- Super Moderator
- Posts: 6203
- Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm
- Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
I've seen a few but never while gunning. That is one trophy bird I hope to harvest at some point here in New England.
- Posts: 718
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:09 am
- Location: MA
Pick me up on your way through!!!! :mrgreen:
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:59 pm
- Location: Tennessee
not in my area
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
- Posts: 372
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:40 pm
- Location: beloit wisconsin
I've only seen common and stellars eiders
- Posts: 543
- Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:39 pm
- Location: Juneau / Eagle River ALaska
I've shot them, not a pretty drake but still a King Eider...it was even captured on film..check out the swampers "a Salty Season", they hunted with us here in Alaska.
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:56 am
- Location: North Pole, Alaska
Some falls up here thats all we shoot for the first few weeks. I have limited out on Kings ( Drakes) often.
- Posts: 489
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:12 am
- Location: Newfoundland
Return to Diver Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 9 guests