Duck Hunting Forum banner

Best diver decoys to buy ?

24K views 50 replies 41 participants last post by  Slack Tide 
#1 ·
I sold my divers 10 yrs ago. Been busy shooting geese. I have a new dog and want to get him more action, so Im thinking divers. I know this is probably a Ford vs Chevy, coke vs pepsi, argument! Im not a huge fan of GHG, but they look good. G&H are $$$ and not readily available. Where did carrylite go?

#3 ·
don novicki said:
Spend the money for G&H. Ten years from now they will look as good as the day they came out of the box. They are built like iron and made in the USA. You can't ask more than that.............. :thumbsup:
I agree with G&H. I only have there Mallard ones though. Another option is to pick up some cheap, beat up Mallard decoys off of craigslist and repaint into divers. I'm planning on doing that with a few old Falmbeau Mallards I have laying around.

#4 ·
When I started I had all redhead brand after two years they needed paint and cracked around keels then took on water and could be shot straight through. My spred now is all G+H "USA" Divers and puddle ducks.....not cheap but the shape and way they sit in the water is hard to dispute. The heads can't handle a direct load but the bodies can. My 02 cents..

good luck....jimmy shutt

#9 ·
G & H Super Magnums...all the way. I bought some bluebills 15 years ago and they are just gently aged now...could touch them up but they are as good as new as for durability. The plastic is a little thicker so when they come in hot and heavy right on the water, they withstand the pellets that hit them, I have not had to fix a single hole in all these years.

The only thing that would be better is foam if you can find em cheap. Garage sales...burlap...paint...and a few hours of work make for some awesome decoys. Good luck with your decision.

#20 ·
#25 ·
The biggest heartbreak in my life was Cabelas discontinuing the Herters Line, The 72 armored are incredible and stomp mud holes in any plastics I have hunted.

However you asked for the Best, so call Brennan at Bigger Water Decoys and be done with it , the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.