A little help

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, LayedOut, Dep6, crewchief252

A little help

Postby taylormn14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Ok so the seasonis almost over where I hunt and so far we have had pretty decent luck. The last few days we have stuggled. The sun is shineing and the wind is not blowing. We have about 150 decoys at our max and they are bb cans buffs goldies and red heads. We have 2 home made layouts that have killed several limits this year but not lately. Our problem is 15,000 ducks rafted up where we are not. We sat inbetween 2 big rafts of ducks today and scratched just a few. How do you compete with this many ducks. We have sat right where they all were the day before. We have sat in thier flight path and they will fly by but not commit. It seams as soon as they see the big rafts they get sucked right to them. our layouts are grayish color. It is flat paint but I question if it needs to be a little glossy to match the water better. Looking out at the boats from the tender the color looks good but they are dull, and the water shines. How do you guys hunt on the calm days? Any sugestions would be great. I havnt played this game long enough to get it all figured out yet.
Life is to short to sweat the small stuff. Do what you love and do it often.
taylormn14
hunter

Re: A little help

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

Late in the season birds become tougher to hunt.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting