Magical Blue Duck

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Magical Blue Duck

Postby Aleutianking » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:52 am

We all get consumed with grip & grin shots from our hunts but as many of us move on past this stage in hunting we continue to hone our skills with a camera to capture the moment and the birds in the wild, I try my hardest to shoot cool pics when out in he field with hunters but its hard as We are so intense on guiding and taking care of our guest's and not our own agendas. Here are a few pics of me ,and virgin scenery from Myself and Russel Owens from the past few weeks of hunting on Adak Island in the Aleutians.

Thanks for some great memories and pictures from this season. See ya on the X after christmas.

Adak is a magical place due to the awe inspiring scenery along the coast and the many sunny days that we seem to be getting in November the past few years. The nice weather and warmer temps than normal made for some very hard days guiding as we all know calm clear days are not very good for waterfowl hunting in Alaska. But they do make it nice for some nice pics.

The versatlity and diverse hunting on Adak is a breathe of fresh air even if it is challenging many days. But where else can you hunt 5-9 species of ducks, See Emperor Geese and Aleutian Cacklers daily, shoot a caribou and go ptarmigan huntingalong with witnessing a unique marine resource full of Sea Otters,Bald Eagles and Seals with 7 full days of hunting, and then still tour the old Military relics and nuclear bunkers of our past. Adak Island is truely the Mecca for Harlequin with one of the healthiest populations in All of Alaska left with the least amount of hunting pressure. We have access to over 50 miles of coastline and well over 4,000 resident Harlequin all within a 20 minute boat ride from the harbor to set up on.

Everyone else in Alaska has had snow and freezing temps and we had 40-48 degrees and calm seas many days.
Cheers and see ya on the Ice in a few weeks. Now 3 1/5 weeks off in ALaska and boy it feels good to sleep in and just relax with my wife and teenage daughters who i am teaching to drive this winter. Maybe a little moose hunting next week who knows. As We are just trying to stay warm as It is -40 below with the windchill tonight in KIng Salmon.

To watch it Live on You tube http://youtu.be/0VKROUTKr3s

Happy Holidays to all
Last edited by Aleutianking on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Aleutianking
hunter

Re: Magical Blue Duck

Postby Dep6 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 am

Awesome pictures, thank you for sharing them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Magical Blue Duck

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 am

Always wondered what Harli's taste like...all mine went under glass!
assateague wrote:Wives are all against super cool, awesome ideas. If Columbus had been married, we'd all still be European.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: You just have to use the back of your throat and hum. That's how I would describe it anyways.
DeadEye_Dan
hunter

Postby AllFlockedUp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm

I want a Harley so bad I am drooling over your pictures. That truly looks like a trip of a lifetime!! To me waterfowl do not get any prettier than a drake harley! I wish I could get on a plane tomorrow and come up there!
AllFlockedUp
hunter

Postby greyling » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Great Photos, bet that was an awesome hunt :thumbsup:
greyling
hunter

Postby neon58 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Those are some of the best waterfowl pics I have ever seen!:thumbsup:
neon58
hunter

Postby h2ofowlr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Great pictures! What's with the guy that got "scoped"! I bet that smarted!
Cut Um!
Real ducks don't have a competition sequence they follow! Hint, hint!
h2ofowlr
State Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Wow nice pictures
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby eburgsnake » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 am

Simply awesome. Thanks for putting them up.
waterfowlman wrote:A game hog.......... is a game hog........is a game hog.
Folies will soon be appearing in a park holding waterfowl near you.
eburgsnake
hunter

Postby quack wackr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 pm

that bird is just amazing. im pretty sure it illegal to have them where i live
quack wackr
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting