What kind of duck?

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Re: What kind of duck?

Postby duckman27 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:23 am

Yep you can shoot 5 but I don't know anybody that would actually shoot 5 of them. They taste like rotten fish
duckman27
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:03 am

duckman27 wrote:Yep you can shoot 5 but I don't know anybody that would actually shoot 5 of them. They taste like rotten fish

Honestly i think their cool lookin birds. One my buddies would eat em so ima shoot 5, keep the biggest drake & hen and get em mounted together. Il donate him the other 3 to eat. Im mounting my first birds (drake & hen) of every kind that i shoot. So far i have a drake shoveler, drake gwt, drake & hen hoody, and a drake & hen woody.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby greyling » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
duckman27 wrote:Yep you can shoot 5 but I don't know anybody that would actually shoot 5 of them. They taste like rotten fish

Honestly i think their cool lookin birds. One my buddies would eat em so ima shoot 5, keep the biggest drake & hen and get em mounted together. Il donate him the other 3 to eat. Im mounting my first birds (drake & hen) of every kind that i shoot. So far i have a drake shoveler, drake gwt, drake & hen hoody, and a drake & hen woody.

You're off to a good start those are all ducks that I am looking to mount as well. If you have any pictures of the mounted birds you should post them.
greyling
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:07 pm

greyling wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

You're off to a good start those are all ducks that I am looking to mount as well. If you have any pictures of the mounted birds you should post them.

Posted em in the taxidermy forum.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Previous

Return to Diver Duck Hunting