Tampa bay duck hunting.

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, LayedOut, Dep6, crewchief252

Tampa bay duck hunting.

Postby duxngese98 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I recently moved onto davis island from virginia (and have been a big duck hunter there) and i was wondering where you can hunt duck in the hillsborough bay? anywhere close to davis island? or anywhere i could register a blind? :help:
duxngese98
Newb

Re: Tampa bay duck hunting.

Postby Undrcoverrednek » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:38 pm

I don't think you "register" blinds down there, you just hunt where the birds are. :thumbsup:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:I'm a poor man, but I'd pay good money to taste some of that juicy white meat...
Undrcoverrednek
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Free range in the bay. Just stay away from the pinellas side. No hunting over there.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby duxngese98 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:29 pm

thank guys! and what ducks are out in the bay?
duxngese98
Newb

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 pm

duxngese98 wrote:thank guys! and what ducks are out in the bay?

Majority is scaup. You will find some mergansers (hooded, common) and occasionally some buffies and some lonesome redheads are possible. Water can get rough out there fast so safety is always a factor.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Tampa bay duck hunting.

Postby troutman561 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:58 am

Pinellas side is ok to hunt as well as most of the bay. There is a statute 790.33, and it allows hunting within city limits now. Pinellas county was never grants bird sanctuary status so hunting is allowed. Stay out of the preserves, Weedon Island, the spoil islands outside the Port, don't go north into McCay Bay, and a few other places. I too have recently moved to the area and am trying to learn stuff. It's been tough to scout with 2 young children and starting my career. PM me and maybe we can get together and hunt. I'm headed out Saturday.
troutman561
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting