Lake Superior/Door County

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Lake Superior/Door County

Postby duckman_reck » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:22 pm

I am currently trying to plan a diver/sea duck hunt for this coming season and I've come to a draw between Lake Superior and Door County. Does anyone have any feed back on these 2 areas? We will be targeting Oldsquaw, Goldeneye, and Bufflehead. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank You :thumbsup:
duckman_reck
hunter

Re: Lake Superior/Door County

Postby loon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:47 pm

I hunt the bay of Green Bay and Lake Michigan . Most oldsquaw are on the lake Michigan side and require specific equipment as they are usually a mile or two offshore in 70ft of water. The bay is full of whistlers especially the closer You get to freeze up or the end of the season there are tons of them around. The last week or two all that are around are mallards and whistlers. Buffleheads just seem to be here in good numbers some years and not as many other years. Do you have your own stuff or are you looking for a guide? Wisconsin coastal outfitters is a reputable guide service and will put you on the birds. Pm me if you need some other ideas.
loon
hunter

Location: greenbay wisconsin on my back laying out on the bay

Re: Lake Superior/Door County

Postby Wisconsincheese » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm

There are a good amount of Goleneye working small lakes in Northeast Wisconsin that have easy access. Drop me a PM.
Wisconsincheese
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting