Duck Hunting Forum banner

First redhead

11K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  mudpack 
#1 ·
Drake redhead that is, last day of 2012-13 season. Waiting on him and his girlfriend at the taxi now.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
M. teeter, I dont know what caused it but we had a bookoo of them here. Well, for typically having zero reds here that is. I dont know of anyone ever shooting one here before. I saw a picture where a group of guys here locally (6 I assume) had killed 12 drakes. Man it was a pretty picture. I know of several others who killed reds this year too but none were banded like yours, congrats.

#9 ·
Thanks jstewart. In the past 10 years I can only think of 1 red killed locally here. They are shot on our coast a good bit. But this year we killed a good many and I heard of other guys doing the same here in central NC. The band was very cool. It was also my first drake redhead. I've killed hens only until this one.

#11 ·
Thats a bull there! Bet that jokers chest was solid all the way across...killed alot of em here this year but killed one that was a stud...He's goin on the wall for sure
timd said:
There are days here along the Texas coast that RH is all we see. Two shots, two RH, then you must be careful. Lot of times the bluebills can look a lot like a Redhead.
Yea is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Killed one last year then i stood up to kill the second and rolled out 2 with 1 shot....good thing we wernt limited out on reds already.

#16 ·
AndrewHelton said:
Those are two beautiful drakes. I'm jealous of you guys, wish I lived a little further south so I could take a crack at a fully plumed drake

These are 2 I shot a few years ago in Wisconsin. I get a few like this every year. Except this year for some reason, haven't even seen one yet. Wish I would have mounted 1 of them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
BBK said:
Duck Collector said:
Yea is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Killed one last year then i stood up to kill the second and rolled out 2 with 1 shot....good thing we wernt limited out on reds already.
We? There is no such thing as "we" in duck limits.
Ummm when your in Texas and hunt specificly for Red Heads or Bluebill..."WE" is refering to groups of 12-15 people. If you put 12 people together shooting into groups of 20 or so reds, nobody knows exactly who shot what duck. So as long as we dont shoot over our total group limit, i dont see a problem.

#20 ·
Duck Collector said:
BBK said:
Duck Collector said:
We? There is no such thing as "we" in duck limits.
Ummm when your in Texas and hunt specificly for Red Heads or Bluebill..."WE" is refering to groups of 12-15 people. If you put 12 people together shooting into groups of 20 or so reds, nobody knows exactly who shot what duck. So as long as we dont shoot over our total group limit, i dont see a problem.
You said you killed one and then you killed two in one shot... that is 3 and over your limit no matter how many people are in the boat. You may not see a problem but green jeans will if he reads this.

#26 ·
bulldawgsierra said:
jstewart_1981 said:
bulldawgsierra said:
We kill alot of them down here in Florida on the coast
You guys need some help keeping them swatted off them decoys let me know
I'm always ready to have someone new around. Let me know if your ever down this way
Where you located brotha? You guy get on some redheads/buffies I'd make a trip down to get in on some of
that. Gladly cover any expenses asked to as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.