Duck Hunting Forum banner

The divers are down in N.E. Wi.

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  870 
#1 ·
On Tues. Oct.10 on a suspision that it might be the right time I took 90 Ringbill and Bluebill decoys with me to a small lake north of Green Bay, I only took 6 mallard and 2 goose dekes. At first lite I had birds working, The first flock had to have over 50 redheads they buzzed the dekes and a quick call had them acting like they hit an invisable wall they couldnt wait to swing into the decoys. moments later my Lab was bringing back the second redhead and getting everything wet. Then I heard the familar jet engine sound this time a flock of about 20 ringbills came in 2 decided to stay much to the delite of that big black dog. I limited out by 8:00am I saw and Im not kidding at least 1000 birds in just a couple of hours Ive been to Canada several time and I had to tell myself I was still in Wi. Dont know how long they will stay but Ill be after them Fri.

#5 ·
870 said:
I saw what looked to be around 500 BLUEBILLS and Ringbills on Sat On the ST Lawrence YA BABY BRING IT :salude:

How about Brant anyone seen them yet? :cool:
:toofunny: :toofunny:

#6 ·
smackaduck said:
870 said:
I saw what looked to be around 500 BLUEBILLS and Ringbills on Sat On the ST Lawrence YA BABY BRING IT :salude:

How about Brant anyone seen them yet? :cool:
:toofunny: :toofunny:
THERE IS NO WAY!!!!!!! My Dad would come out of the grave and kick my butt if I ever called a Broadie a BBBBB OH forget it :laughing:

#13 ·
I hunt almost daily on the St. Lawrence. I've seen droves of divers mostly broadbills, but buffies, and whistlers are flying well too. I've evn managed to knock a few down. The Brant are in good numbers right now too, so if 870 is reading this...you should be sitting on a rock pile somewhere near the main shipping channel. Good luck and don't shoot the decoys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.