Weekend of divers

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Weekend of divers

Postby quackhunter » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:44 am

Hey guys I lurk on this part of the forum but never really ever have anything to say because I never really get into the divers much. That all changed the past 5 days. We got a good push of ringnecks, cans, and redheads into my area on wednesday. Thursday I was done in 5 minutes on Puddlers. Friday I got into a couple of ringnecks and a pair of mallards (I hate MN's 4 bird bag). Saturday was over in 2 hrs with 3 ringnecks and a mallard. And finaly sunday I tagged my very first can and three more ringnecks. The gunning was very good this past weekend. Hopefully i can get into some bills later in the year. Divers are so cool to watch work as they come up the string. Nothing like 30 ringnecks bobing and weaving. They make for some real fun shooting.
quackhunter
hunter

Postby David » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:37 am

Congrats on the successful hunts. I can't wait for our season to start. I keep having to read about all of y'all getting birds, and I have another month and a half to wait.
David
Lefty

Postby 870 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:36 pm

congrats Bro way to go.... rack, pack and stackum in a muddy bloody pile :thumbsup: :salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby pitboss » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 am

sounds like a great time... :thumbsup:
capt. jeff coats
pitboss
hunter

divers

Postby arikmatson » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:50 am

congrats man, I slayed them in southern MN as well we got into some ringbills, bluebills, cans, and some really nice widgeons.. send the divers down too!
arikmatson
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting