Olympic peninsula sea ducks

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Olympic peninsula sea ducks

Postby REQ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 pm

I am hoping to head to the Olympic peninsula this year to shoot some birds. I have never hunted for sea ducks and I want to get the full experience (floating blind, skull boat, whatever cool stuff you can do). I am looking for recommendations for guides in the area and what time of year to go. The main birds I am after are harlequins, oldsquaws, and a barrows. All these will go on the wall so decent plumage is a must.

If you have any experience in this area let me know! Not looking to travel too far from this area because I have family living in port ludlow.
REQ
Newb

Re: Olympic peninsula sea ducks

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Your going to struggle to find a spot with a guide this time of year. Most of the few that work that area are booked up before this time of year for late season prime plumage hunts. Google search Port Townsend, Olympic Peninsula, and Port Angeles sea duck guides and the few that do the work up there will pop up. You can research their websites and call them to see if they have any openings.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Tealer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I can do layout hunts up there. PM me your time frame and target species.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Peninsula Sportsman out of Port Townsend does an excellent job. Top rate accomodations and he will put you on a mature Harli. :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting