Mixing Carrylites and G&H oversize Goldeneyes

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Mixing Carrylites and G&H oversize Goldeneyes

Postby big37dog » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:41 pm

I just had my decoys arrive for Goldeneye. My first time decoying them.

I have 18 G&H and 36 Carrylites
I plan to set most of them on lines and a few to toss out as singles

How should I mix and match.

I will be hunting brakish water after freeze up from a 14" boat.

Should I mix the little carrylites thru the G&H or separate them..?

Any suggestions ( aside from the " Get my head read by a Doctor " which my wife has already suggested thx honey) would be appreciated.
big37dog
hunter

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:28 pm

G&H makes a goldeneye decoy? (You don't mean GHG?) If so where did you get them? I've also wondered about the same thing that you are asking. My spread is made up of such a hodge podge of a mix. Usually I mix the different types together, but I would place a greater percentage of the better looking ones at the downwind end.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

My Mistake

Postby big37dog » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:32 am

I meant GHG sorry
I got them from Cabelas ordered them after I had the Carrylites. These GHG are really nice and huge compared to Carrylites.
big37dog
hunter

Postby firebird » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 pm

Last Saturday we hunted a local river as the big lakes are starting to freeze. I mixed the dozen GHG I gave with the hen carry-lites I've had for years. The black and whites came without hesitation and decoyed as naively as only new g-eyes will do. My opinion is the ghg drakes are more visible than carrylite but they both worked fine mixed helter skelter on the river.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting