Will I get divers siting in a boatblind in the middle lake

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Will I get divers siting in a boatblind in the middle lake

Postby Wood Duck Hunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:43 pm

I use a duck blind on pudlers and was wondering if I floated it in the middle of a lake, would divers be afraid to come in low by the blind? Please help. :help:
Wood Duck Hunter
hunter

Re: Will I get divers siting in a boatblind in the middle la

Postby Shade » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:04 am

I have killed divers out of the back of a 27' Alumaweld, non Cammo, with a cabin. No blind, nothing to hide us...

You'll be fine.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 am

Yes. Divers will die. We kill them that way all the time.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:04 am

Ive done it in the middle of Tampa Bay and have had reds and BB cupped up on the spread. I also run long lines in the open water though.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:34 am

I am originally from Clearwater and moved to Indiana when I was 12 which was when I really got into duck hunting but thinking about killing ducks in Tampa Bay is freaking awesome man that is cool as hell wouldn't have ever thought you could kill redheads and BB out there! Good luck man, if you go out there this year take some pics of the hunt I would love to see them!
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:06 am

Black Smoke wrote:I am originally from Clearwater and moved to Indiana when I was 12 which was when I really got into duck hunting but thinking about killing ducks in Tampa Bay is freaking awesome man that is cool as hell wouldn't have ever thought you could kill redheads and BB out there! Good luck man, if you go out there this year take some pics of the hunt I would love to see them!

Here's a few pics from this past season with my FIL. As you can see just a pop up on the Jon boat with some palm fronds. Pics of the spread and two reds I Shot last day of the season. I got video of about a thousand birds on the water. Ill dig it up.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 am

I've shot divers in the sound 4+ miles from shore out of a boat blind many times.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting