How do you call... Diver call

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

How do you call... Diver call

Postby Cast_and_Blast » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:12 am

I have this diver duck call i bought a few years ago. I dont know how to use. If I remeber correctly, I think your supposed to say Puurr into the call. If any one could tell me what to say into the call I could probly figure it out. Thanks for the Help.
Cast_and_Blast
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:19 pm

I use a Mallard call and kind of grunt into it with my hand choking off the barrel. You can do a web search on Bluebill wav files and get a couple of web sites that will let you listen to how the call should sound. I have a lot better luck using a flag to get their attention.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Jim Broadbridge » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:45 pm

:withstupid: I agree on the flag, and I think it's because the call is naturally very soft compared to that of a mallard, they don't mouth off like a susie it's more of a soft buuuurrr. Checking out some sound files is a good idea.
I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Jim Broadbridge
hunter

Postby Cast_and_Blast » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks for the help guys :smile: , I went out today with 3 other friends on a 30 acre pond for a diver hunt. We manged 4 canvasback, 3 Blue bills, and 2 Green wing.
Cast_and_Blast
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:14 am

I've been using a MICK LACY diver call this year, Blow short notes and the opposite of a mallard call, instead of going down in octaive, go up, and roll it, it should be a quick burll, also depends on the duck your calling, the burl is for the broadies, you can also use it to bark for old squaws, Honestly though, i am not sure if it's really making a difference, The braodies seem about the same wether i call or not, i have noticd it slowing down and turning the squaws, SO the jury is still out, I am also trying flagging, just made 2 and havent used them yet, will be trying them wed and thurs. Good luck with it and let me know how it works for you.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Benelli Slinger » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:36 pm

i use a faulks wa-33 and i dont know how to explain my diver call

i use that K K K K K growl sound from the roof of my mouth like im hawkin a lugee, sounds great
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting