1/4" diamond braid, doctari clips

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

1/4" diamond braid, doctari clips

Postby mdfowlman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm looking at getting 1/4" diamond braid from decoy rigs and longline clips from doctari. Do the clips fit on that size line well or should I go with the 3/16 line. I want the biggest I can go because I plan on leaving he blocks on the mainline
mdfowlman
hunter

Re: 1/4" diamond braid, doctari clips

Postby alipinski397 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:45 am

If your going to leave them on the main line don't spend the money on clips. Just tie your droppers directly to the mainline. Use some liquid electrical tape to secure your knots and a good quality snap swivel on the decoy end.
alipinski397
hunter

Postby Smith » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 am

The clips will fit onto a 1/4" line easily. Even the small ones. In my layout rig, I leave my decoys attached to the lines, but I still use the clips so I can remove individual decoys for painting or fixing pellet holes. I shoot my decoys a lot when water swatting, so when we are pulling the rig we just unclip any sinkers and throw them off to the side to be fixed at home.
Smith
hunter

Postby UpSouth811 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

For the reason that I leave mine on the mainline I use trot line clips. Smaller but if I didn't leave them on the line I would go bigger clips for ease of removal
UpSouth811
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting