Christmas bay duck hunting texas

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, LayedOut, Dep6, crewchief252

Christmas bay duck hunting texas

Postby duckhuntingkidd » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:36 am

Hello im pretty new to duck hunting and ive been hunting christmas bay for a little while, i was wondering if anyone else has hunted their this year and done any good, thanks
duckhuntingkidd
hunter

Re: Christmas bay duck hunting texas

Postby Hello Duck » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:14 pm

I have been hunting bastrop bayou. I have heard a lot of shots coming from the cox lake and bay areas. I haven't hunted the bay mainly because there is not enough cover for my boat. A fisherman told me that he saw some boats hunting up the entrance the alligator lake. I thought it was illegal there, but maybe not. How has Christmas bay been? I hear there are some good redheads out there
Hello Duck
Newb

Postby Ricochet83 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:39 pm

i am trying to head to christmas bay to do some scouting for a hunt next weekend anybody got any advice on where would be some good areas to start looking
Ricochet83
Newb

Postby duckhuntingkidd » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 pm

We have only killed only a couple ducks total for the season going every weekend so far, their are lots of redheads! and i would suggest you checking out the kayak launch area first, theirs a blind you can see at the end of the point out their and it can be very good on a cold morning. Just drive your truck up the kayak launch road, get out and youll see it. Good Luck!
duckhuntingkidd
hunter

Postby Ricochet83 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:10 am

Ok I appreciate that. However since I have not been there yet where is the kayak launch area? Also I will be launching my 12 foot john boat I won't have any problems in there with depth or anything will I?
Ricochet83
Newb

Postby duckhuntingkidd » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Its very difficult to describe where the launch is, all i could tell you is when your on blue water highway after you go for about 10 minutes their will be a blue sign to the left saying kayak launch. The water depth is higher this year and im pretty sure your boat will do fine. I willbe going down their tommorrow and saturday and will post our results on here
duckhuntingkidd
hunter

Postby Ricochet83 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 am

Awesome I really appreciate the help I am going to try to head down there this weekend to do some scouting as well for the big trip next Friday. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks a lot.
Ricochet83
Newb

Postby duckhuntingkidd » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:01 am

Well we were at christmas bay yesterday, itwas extremely slow because of the wind but we still had a fun hunt and shot 4 redheads!
duckhuntingkidd
hunter

Postby Ricochet83 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:09 am

That's awesome. Yeah it was pretty viscous wind and weather all together.
Ricochet83
Newb

Postby duckhuntingkidd » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Ricochet83 wrote:That's awesome. Yeah it was pretty viscous wind and weather all together.

Yea it was! Well i hope next week is gonna be better.
duckhuntingkidd
hunter

Postby Ricochet83 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeah you and me both brother I will be out there on Friday trying to squeeze in a hunt before the wife tracks me down.
Ricochet83
Newb

Return to Diver Duck Hunting