where and when to go on a layout hunt?

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

where and when to go on a layout hunt?

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:15 pm

so heres my question guys.... anyone who has been on a guided layout hunt anywhere in wisconsin, minnasota, michigan somewhere within say a 10 hour drive of chicago and knows a good guide service to look into im looking for recomendations of who and when. I have finally convinced the old man to go on a hunt of my choice, were doing the arkansas green timber thing this year ive shot rice fields, flooded corn, big rivers, the list goes on except for ocean and layout boat hunts. I love shooting divers on the big lakes around home and am in search primarily for some bull cans. If anyone has any recomendations of where to start i would greatly appreciate any info feel freen to pm me if you do not want the information to be public. thanks alot in advance.
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Re: where and when to go on a layout hunt?

Postby Mugzwump » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:22 pm

if you're going to pay to go on a waterfowl hunt, Go for spring snow geese. Its the bomb.

Cheers,

Mugz
Mugzwump
hunter

Postby redneckgoosebuster22 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:48 pm

already in the works but thats not what im looking for. if i could get hooked up with not paying for a layout hunt im all about lol but chances are not useally in favor to a joe shmoe like me for that so im looking for some info in layout boat hunts.
redneckgoosebuster22
hunter

Postby Mugzwump » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Cool man, Only guys I know are some dudes on Lake Saint Pierre in Quebec that run a guide service using sinkboats.

If you're interested I'll see if I can dig up the name.

Cheers,

Mugz.
Mugzwump
hunter

Postby gaustin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:55 pm

PM Sent.......
gaustin
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting