lay out brands

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

lay out brands

Postby goosman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:40 pm

All right sorry in advance for a lenthy post but here goes. I currently have an old home made glass over wood 2 man that weighs like 500lbs and is very uncomfortable to hunt out of it works yes but want a lighter one to get out farther in the bay as I hunt Saginaw bay in Michigan mainly a lot. My question is what happened to MLB all I here is there boats are junk now and they have law suits against them and people have paid for boats and never got them wth. so I don't want one of those I have hunted out of an older one and loved it light roomy for 2 bigger guys bummer. lake Bonneville they look good but to far away ufo legacy looks good any one ever use one of these. waterfowl works is who carries these now I believe. the one that I really like is the Core sound I have never heard of them until this year anyone have any experience with a core sound 1 or 2 man. I want a 2 man but has anyone ever tried using 2 1 mans over 1 spread with any luck? I just want a good reliable boat that's safe in big water. I have looked at the banks but I think that thing is just too big. having one truck and trailer suits me better with layout on top of the tender any info would be great are season is done we did pretty good this year hope u all had good safe seasons.
Thanks crow
Last Descent Outfitters (616)723-5429
Waterfowl Guide Service
Timber Hunts
Grain Field Hunts
Open Water Layout Diver Hunts
Big boat/pontoon blind
goosman
hunter

Re: lay out brands

Postby wstober » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 am

goosman wrote:I really like is the Core sound I have never heard of them until this year anyone have any experience with a core sound 1 or 2 man. I want a 2 man but has anyone ever tried using 2 1 mans over 1 spread with any luck? I just want a good reliable boat that's safe in big water. I have looked at the banks but I think that thing is just too big. having one truck and trailer suits me better with layout on top of the tender any info would be great are season is done we did pretty good this year hope u all had good safe seasons.
Thanks crow

Ask this question on the NC page...Sorry I can not directly help but I'm looking into them myself and heard all good things.
wstober
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 pm

The Ambusher by Core Sound Layout Boats is an awesome boat. The 2 man is even sweeter and there likely isn't a better person alive to do business with. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when you buy a boat from Terry you get more than a boat. You get a lifelong friend.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:46 am

I personally like running two one mans. I think they hide better and I have the ability to adjust them so that I can spread them out if need be to hide them better. most of my hunting is with 2 one man LBLB big brothers. I have had quite a bit of success with this rig, heck I even have success on puddle ducks now. It cost me 300 to ship my LBLB to OH.

Ok here's my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I have hunted/owned a UFO and they are a great big water boat that is made for big waves. Very stable and comfy. Now if your hunting only 2-3 and more foot waves then yes this can be a very deadly boat. However I don't I hunt till 3 foot or so. sometimes 4 foot but it really starts to get dicey. I wanted to have a dual purpose boat that I could kill mallards out of as well as divers. the LBLB allows me to do that, you will be dry in 3' chop as I did that a fair amount this year. The boats hide very well in all conditions, as a result I usually have a higher success rate than others. Profile is key IMHO with layouts. Lessen the height of the boats, put more birds in front of you that's really what you are doing. With the blind covers that they also make for you, they are quite deadly in a marsh setting also. They are a comfy/deadly boat that I wouldn't over look.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby blackrock » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:58 am

I second what nelliboy said! See our pics on the Lake Bonneville thread in the boats section. LbLb is also coming out with a two man soon.......
blackrock
hunter

Postby don novicki » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:22 pm

So you don't go out UNLESS there are at least 3 foot waves? Never heard of anything like that before..........When the 3 footers come I'm on my way back to the launch.
don novicki
hunter

lay out brands

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 pm

don novicki wrote:So you don't go out UNLESS there are at least 3 foot waves? Never heard of anything like that before..........When the 3 footers come I'm on my way back to the launch.

If you were referring to my comment I stated that I hunt till 3 foot waves once in a while I will push it to 4s but not very often. Really the only time you can hunt those waves is when your in deep water resulting in you just having rollers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting