Divers in the Lake Bonneville

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Divers in the Lake Bonneville

Postby blackrock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 pm

image.jpg
We got a Lake Bonneville Layout Boat partly because my son wanted to hunt some diver ducks. We don't get a lot out here, but he had his dream day today, he got his first nice drake Canvasback! He also got a great Redhead, and I managed one too. Scaup were an added bonus, and we always shoot geese. Ice, fog and cold, just what I have always read about for diver hunting. We put out 2 dozen oversize geese and 2 dozen Can decoys on two long lines. The divers and geese came right on in!
blackrock
hunter

Re: Divers in the Lake Bonneville

Postby Krete » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Wicked! Great to see the young lad out. He's like me, lucky enough to have been exposed to layout hunting at an early age!

-Nick
Krete
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Looking good! I like what you did with those avians lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby blackrock » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey Nelli, I like having those Avian goose floaters stuck on the magnets. It helps break up the boat. My son was not happy when we started hacking the keels off, but that's what we bought em for! KP says you are coming out, we'll have to go hunting!
blackrock
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 am

Yes sir I will be out there hopefully hunting dec 28-jan 2. KP told me you and your son were coming down to hunt with us. Any truth in that? Would like to get to meet you guys.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby blackrock » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:33 am

Yes, we'll come down to hunt. I'm looking forward to it!
blackrock
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:50 pm

blackrock wrote:Yes, we'll come down to hunt. I'm looking forward to it!

We'll have a great time, really looking forward to it! :yes:
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting