Long Line Help

Duck hunting for diver species like Canvasbacks, Redheads, Ringnecks, Eiders, Goldeneye and other diver ducks.

Moderators: jamesmc, crewchief252, LayedOut, Dep6

Long Line Help

Postby rnloutdoors » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 am

I did a search for this and didn't find it if it is out there sorry could someone please inform me so i can delete this and find that one. But if it is not,here in Wisconsin in the off season i'm already getting bored and I planned on two long lines, I have everything else figured out but my question what type of clips do you guys use to attach the decoy drop line to the main line?

Thanks,
rnloutdoors
hunter

Long Line Help

Postby Nelliboy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:45 am

Gang clips from doctori

If you scroll down just a hair there is a thread about diver hunting Erie for a newbie. We went in depth about long line sets.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Last edited by Nelliboy2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Re: Long Line Help

Postby toolmaker » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:46 am

http://www.snlcorp.com/SNL/CommercialTa ... Snaps.aspx

Ill post this, just so you know what to look for.

Many places sell them...they vary greatly....thickness, , length, shape and size of swivel...no swivel ect ect

my advice to you is....look up every commercial fishing supply house you can find.... look for a clip 6" long if you can find it...make sure it has a swivel on the end....one that is big enough to tie your dropper( line to decoy) to. and buy the THINNEST wire you can find in 6 "

these things are made to help commercial fishermen feed out 2 miles of 1/4" dia line with thousands of hooks to catch tuna and bill fish and drag them along for days until they decide to pull the line it......

you don't need to pull a 1,000 lb marline around....... so the thinner ss wire clips are the ones you want...but you want them LONG so you can squeeze them with your gloves on!.... and do it fast!

if.... IF you look around , you might be able to find them in bags of 50 or 100 for 50 cents a piece.

good luck

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Return to Diver Duck Hunting